Host/Hostess - Seater
Employment Type: Full-Time
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Reports to work as indicated on the work schedule and in the correct uniform. Practices positive personal hygiene and cleanliness habits during all work shifts.
* Obtains staffing and station assignments for all servers, service assistants, runners and bar staff from the Manager-on-Duty. Completes table/station chart with these assignments.
* Correctly completes all opening and side work duties of the hostess/host at the start of the shift, in a timely manner.
* Assists the Manager-on-Duty in planning reservations and assigning parties to appropriate tables, stations and/or servers.
* Answers the telephone in a timely, pleasant and courteous manner. Correctly takes, confirms and documents reservations.
* Immediately recognizes and greets arriving Guests, obtains Guests' names, provides names to servers and directs guests to the appropriate waiting areas.
* Escorts Guests to their assigned table, to all Guests.
* Controls the flow of business by practicing rotation seating, anticipating table turns and following the reservation and seating plan.
* Accurately quotes waiting times to guests and correctly maintains the 'wait' list.
* Informs Manager-on-Duty when waiting times are running over times quoted to our guests.
* Maintains cleanliness and organization of the hostess/host stand and lobby area throughout the shift.
* Monitors and enforces social distancing requirements in waiting areas as dictated by state and local social distancing regulations.
* Communicates to the Manager-on-Duty any and all situations where a Guest may express concern or dissatisfaction with any aspect of the dining experience.
* Acknowledges all departing guests and invites them to return.
* Answers phone to take orders from Take Out and Delivery orders.
* Takes, records and rings all food and beverage items ordered by Take Out Guests.
* Receives Take Out orders from Food Runner or kitchen staff, checks for accuracy, and addresses any inaccuracies.
* Correctly presents the Take Out Guest check and coordinates payment for all food and beverages sold with Bartender.
* Addresses any Take Out Guest complaints.
* Completes all closing duties in a timely manner.
* Follows all national, state, and local safety, health, and sanitation guidelines as specified by the restaurant.
* Supports other Front-of-House positions as needed, providing a seamless Guest experience to all Guests.
* Performs all duties and maintains knowledge of all standards and procedures, as stated in the RCSH Employee Training Packet - Hostess/ Host.
* Additional duties as assigned.
Guest First Mindset
* Demonstrates a Guest first mindset, placing a high priority on the Guest experience
* Interacts regularly with Guests, demonstrating a genuine interest in Guests, and ensuring a superior dining experience for all Guests
* Excellent customer service skills and a strong work ethic
* Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism
* Handle stress associated with responding to/solving problems
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to stand, walk, talk, and hear for extended periods of time, at least 8 hours, and traverse all parts of the restaurant quickly
* Ability to read, speak, write, and understand communication in English
* Must be able to lift, handle and carry (e.g. trays, small wares and equipment) at a minimum of 25 pounds
* Must have a good sense of balance, be able to bend, kneel, stoop, reach and squat on a frequent basis
* Must be able to communicate effectively and listen attentively
* Must be able to continuously use fingers (e.g. to bilaterally operate the telephone and use point-of-sale equipment)
* Work is performed in a restaurant
* Position involves work on afternoons, nights, weekends, and holidays, as required
* Must be able to work in an environment subject to loud noises from restaurant equipment and machinery, fumes, odors, dust and smoke
* Temperature extremes range from working near 1800-degree Fahrenheit to working in a walk-in freezer of -10 degree Fahrenheit
NOTE: The information here does not constitute a contract, express or implied. The content of this material is not all-inclusive but is for informational purposes only. Ruth's Chris Steak House is an Equal Opportunity employer.