Employment Type: Full-Time
Get ready for the BEST JOB you ever had!
Do you have a passion for preparing the highest quality food that is delighting Guests around the world? Are you interested in being part of a world class team committed to promoting from within and preparing you for a CAREER? If so, this is your opportunity to join the Ruth's Chris family and join the company that defined The American Steak House in 1965 and continues to set the standard for quality and being a great place to work.
What We Offer: Flexible and predictable scheduling, competitive pay, significant Team Member discounts, competitive health and vacation benefits, an inclusive work environment committed to diversity, structured career development, and growth opportunities.
What We Ask: Come to work each shift with a great attitude and ready to contribute to the success of the team, be willing to learn from your Coach how to excel at your job, and work with us to create an environment where everyone feels welcome and is able to experience the Sizzle that is the Ruth's Chris experience.
We are looking forward to talking with you.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Reports to work as indicated on the work schedule and in the correct uniform. Practices positive personal hygiene and cleanliness habits during all work shifts.
* Correctly sets-up bar and completes all opening/side work duties to include cleaning, stocking, checking and achieving par levels, making bulk recipes and preparing all items for the bar.
* Orders, requisitions and stocks all liquor, beverage and other bar supplies according to procedures established in the restaurant.
* Mixes and serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for bar and dining room guests while adhering to all RCSH specifications, recipes and procedures.
* Greets all bar Guests immediately, makes beverage suggestions and answers questions regarding food and beverage service.
* Takes, records and rings all food and beverage items ordered by bar guests. Prepares beverages for the service staff only upon receipt of a computer beverage ticket.
* Observes bar Guests to ensure satisfaction with food, beverages and service; immediately recognizes and responds to any Guest's needs and/or requests.
* Maintains cleanliness and organization of the bar counter, back bar, bar work areas, shelving and storage areas up to RCSH standards.
* Adheres to and complies with all state/local liquor laws and RCSH policies regarding the service of alcoholic beverages.
* Communicates to the Manager-on-Duty any and all situations where a Guest may express concern or dissatisfaction with any aspect of the dining experience.
* Maintains and enforces seating areas as dictated by municipality and social distancing norms.
* Correctly presents the Guest check and processes payment for all food and beverages sold.
* Performs the cashiering function for the service staff and restaurant.
* Supports Take Out and Delivery orders as needed.
* Takes, records and rings all food and beverage items ordered by Take Out Guests.
* Receives Take Out orders from Food Runner kitchen staff, checks for accuracy, and addresses any inaccuracies.
* Correctly presents the Take Out Guest check and processes payment for all food and beverages sold.
* Addresses any Take Out Guest complaints.
* Follows all national, state, and local safety, health, and sanitation guidelines as specified by the restaurant.
* Supports other Front-of-House positions as needed, providing a seamless Guest experience to all Guests.
* Performs all duties and maintains knowledge of all standards and procedures, as stated in the RCSH Employee Training Packet - Bartender.
* Additional duties as assigned.
Guest First Mindset
* Demonstrates a Guest first mindset, placing a high priority on the Guest experience
* Interacts regularly with Guests, demonstrating a genuine interest in Guests, and ensuring a superior dining experience for all Guests
* Extensive knowledge of drink preparation and service
* Extensive wine knowledge
* Excellent customer service skills and a strong work ethic
* Ability to operate point-of-sale systems
* Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism
* Handle stress associated with responding to/solving problems
* Ability to complete orders quickly and accurately
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to stand, walk, talk, and hear for extended periods of time, at least 8 hours, and traverse all parts of the restaurant quickly
* Ability to read, speak and understand communication in English
* Must be able to lift, handle and carry (e.g. beverage items, supplies, glass racks, small wares and equipment) at a minimum of 50 pounds
* Must have a good sense of balance, be able to bend, kneel, stoop, reach and squat on a frequent basis
* Must be able to taste, be able to distinguish between and among flavors, spices, and scents as to their appeal and level of intensity for all food and beverage products
* Must be able to communicate effectively and listen attentively
* Must be able to continuously use fingers (e.g. to bilaterally operate point-of-sale equipment, prepare and serve food/beverage items)
* Work is performed in a restaurant
* Position involves work on afternoons, nights, weekends, and holidays, as required
* Must be able to work in an environment subject to loud noises from restaurant equipment and machinery, fumes, odors, dust and smoke
* Temperature extremes range from working near 1800-degree Fahrenheit to working in a walk-in freezer of -10 degree Fahrenheit
NOTE: The information here does not constitute a contract, express or implied. The content of this material is not all-inclusive but is for informational purposes only. Ruth's Chris Steak House is an Equal Opportunity Employer.