Employment Type: Full-Time
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Reports to work as indicated on the work schedule and in the correct uniform. Practices positive personal hygiene and cleanliness habits during all work shifts.
* Correctly sets-up bar and completes all opening/side work duties to include cleaning, stocking, checking and achieving par levels, making bulk recipes and preparing all items for the bar.
* Orders, requisitions and stocks all liquor, beverage and other bar supplies according to procedures established in the restaurant.
* Mixes and serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for bar and dining room guests while adhering to all RCSH specifications, recipes and procedures.
* Greets all bar Guests immediately, makes beverage suggestions and answers questions regarding food and beverage service.
* Takes, records and rings all food and beverage items ordered by bar guests. Prepares beverages for the service staff only upon receipt of a computer beverage ticket.
* Observes bar Guests to ensure satisfaction with food, beverages and service; immediately recognizes and responds to any Guest's needs and/or requests.
* Maintains cleanliness and organization of the bar counter, back bar, bar work areas, shelving and storage areas up to RCSH standards.
* Adheres to and complies with all state/local liquor laws and RCSH policies regarding the service of alcoholic beverages.
* Communicates to the Manager-on-Duty any and all situations where a Guest may express concern or dissatisfaction with any aspect of the dining experience.
* Maintains and enforces seating areas as dictated by municipality and social distancing norms.
* Correctly presents the Guest check and processes payment for all food and beverages sold.
* Performs the cashiering function for the service staff and restaurant.
* Supports Take Out and Delivery orders as needed.
* Takes, records and rings all food and beverage items ordered by Take Out Guests.
* Receives Take Out orders from Food Runner kitchen staff, checks for accuracy, and addresses any inaccuracies.
* Correctly presents the Take Out Guest check and processes payment for all food and beverages sold.
* Addresses any Take Out Guest complaints.
* Follows all national, state, and local safety, health, and sanitation guidelines as specified by the restaurant.
* Supports other Front-of-House positions as needed, providing a seamless Guest experience to all Guests.
* Performs all duties and maintains knowledge of all standards and procedures, as stated in the RCSH Employee Training Packet - Bartender.
* Additional duties as assigned.
Guest First Mindset
* Demonstrates a Guest first mindset, placing a high priority on the Guest experience
* Interacts regularly with Guests, demonstrating a genuine interest in Guests, and ensuring a superior dining experience for all Guests
* Extensive knowledge of drink preparation and service
* Extensive wine knowledge
* Excellent customer service skills and a strong work ethic
* Ability to operate point-of-sale systems
* Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism
* Handle stress associated with responding to/solving problems
* Ability to complete orders quickly and accurately
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to stand, walk, talk, and hear for extended periods of time, at least 8 hours, and traverse all parts of the restaurant quickly
* Ability to read, speak and understand communication in English
* Must be able to lift, handle and carry (e.g. beverage items, supplies, glass racks, small wares and equipment) at a minimum of 50 pounds
* Must have a good sense of balance, be able to bend, kneel, stoop, reach and squat on a frequent basis
* Must be able to taste, be able to distinguish between and among flavors, spices, and scents as to their appeal and level of intensity for all food and beverage products
* Must be able to communicate effectively and listen attentively
* Must be able to continuously use fingers (e.g. to bilaterally operate point-of-sale equipment, prepare and serve food/beverage items)
* Work is performed in a restaurant
* Position involves work on afternoons, nights, weekends, and holidays, as required
* Must be able to work in an environment subject to loud noises from restaurant equipment and machinery, fumes, odors, dust and smoke
* Temperature extremes range from working near 1800-degree Fahrenheit to working in a walk-in freezer of -10 degree Fahrenheit
NOTE: The information here does not constitute a contract, express or implied. The content of this material is not all-inclusive but is for informational purposes only. Ruth's Chris Steak House is an Equal Opportunity Employer.