Body Shop Technician
Employment Type: Full-Time
A Body Shop Technician will repair or replace damaged body parts back to Pre-Accident Condition with factory and dealership specifications. Quality repair need to meet or exceed the original factory fit and finish. The end result should be an invisible repair.
Rush Truck Centers opens the door to the world of opportunity. We are the largest network of commercial vehicle dealerships across the US representing truck and bus manufacturers. Our franchises include Peterbilt, International, Hino, Isuzu, Ford, IC Bus and Blue Bird. We offer a rewarding career as a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services.
* Review each repair order, work order, and estimator's notes to understand repairs needed prior to beginning work on the vehicle.
* All repairs must be completed according to the documentation on the repair order or the supplement.
* Knowledge of the manufacturer's and technical repair process.
* Ability to use frame and measuring equipment per vendor procedures.
* Perform initial teardown of vehicle.
* Identify parts for cut-in and edging.
* Perform all repair procedures according to factory specifications and company policy. I-Car Standard.
* Perform and sign-off on all quality check before sending vehicle to paint department.
* Re-assemble painted vehicle and painted parts.
* Perform a final quality check and review of work order prior to sending the vehicle to the detail department.
* Work with apprentice or lesser skilled technicians in developing repair skills.
* We offer exceptional compensation and benefits, 401K and stock purchase, incentives for performance, training, and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence, a positive attitude and integrity.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
* Three years' body shop experience.
* ICAR Welding Certificate.
* Valid driver's license and insurability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
This job posting does not state or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by their leader.