2022 - Summer - Consulting Intern - Technology Risk
Employment Type: Full-Time
As a Risk Consulting Intern at RSM, you will work with various sized businesses spanning industries like manufacturing, real estate, construction, financial institution, not-for-profit, healthcare, and private equity. Interns will also receive hands-on client experience with direct access to business owners and executive management. At the start of your internship, you will be assigned a “Navigator”, a more junior employee, who will aide in your development throughout the internship experience.
Our clients depend upon effective risk management and internal audit services in order to achieve their business objectives. Technology Risk Consulting “TRC” serves middle market leaders globally to help transform their technology risk management and assurance capabilities so they are aligned to the key risks and strategies of their organization.
TRC professionals utilize their background in accounting, business and Information Technology to provide, including:
- Understanding clients' needs and expectations, their business and industry, accounting and control systems, employees and company values
- Assist clients on the design and optimization of controls utilizing a general knowledge of business processes, accounting, and information technologies.
- Use problem solving and critical thinking skills to quickly identify internal control deficiencies, evaluate their risk implications, and draw the appropriate conclusions to best advise our clients
- Assist in creating internal control documentation to support client engagements
- Engage with client leadership on strategies to anticipate emerging technology risks
- Examples of commonly performed TRC projects include:
- Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)/regulatory and compliance engagements for application and IT controls
- System and Controls (SOC) reporting and other controls opinion services
- Information Technology controls testing in support of financial statement audits
- Technical IT controls review
- Internal audits over ERP systems, IT security, and other IT systems
To learn more about “a day in the life of a Risk Consultant” check out this video!