Employment Type: Full-Time
Roze Room organizations have been recognized among the Best Places to Work in Los Angeles in 2014, 2015, 2016.
Seeking Per Diem Nurse Practitioner to visits our hospice/palliative care patients in their home setting.
Must drive to patient homes. Hospice/End of Life Care Experience Preferred. Spanish Speaking preferred.
As the founder of Roze Room I am honored to celebrate our 20th year in the industry and to be surrounded by dedicated and caring professionals. Roze Room Hospice was formed to honor the memory of my grandmother Roza, whose favorite flower was the rose. Integrating her name and the flower rose into our company name reminds me of our daily purpose and mission. Therefore, all we do at Roze Room is geared towards the patient and family. Our goal is to provide the best care possible to our patients and treat each patient with love, compassion and dignity. Hospice and Palliative Care physicians are a vital part of our organization and we look forward to you joining our family. -- Lena Beker, Founder
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is an experienced licensed professional who works in collaboration with the Hospice Medical Director/Physician to deliver hospice and/ or palliative care to patients and families. NP also works cooperatively with members of the interdisciplinary Hospice team and acts as a consultant to the interdisciplinary team and participated in IDG meetings. NP regularly reviews and updates the plan of care. Performs prescribed medical treatments, including patient examination, diagnoses, medication prescription, pain management and symptom control; conducts assessments and evaluations, and provides education and supportive care to hospice teams, patients and caregivers. NP examines and diagnoses patients and prescribes medications.
* Performs comprehensive patient examinations, evaluations, assessments and diagnosis.
* Assesses for signs and symptoms of discomfort including presence of pain and takes prompt and appropriate action to control and manage patient symptoms and needs.
* Makes adjustments to the already established plan of care and appropriate services, provides appropriate follow- up to all patients. Instructs team members in managing patient needs and submits appropriate documentation within 24 hours of visit.
* Coordinates all services provided to patients/ families in all settings to ensure quality of care and services as well as appropriateness of care.
* Supervises the implementation of the approved plan of care, modifies as needed.
* Provides supervision to registered and licensed nurses.
* Demonstrates flexibility in scheduling, and readily accepts new and emergency assignments as requested.
* Maintains knowledge of state and federal regulations and Joint Commission standards (if applicable).
* Participates in IDG, QAPI and other meetings, committees and programs.
* Observes for safety hazards in the patient's and organization's environments and takes appropriate steps to reduce or eliminate them.
* Maintains continuing education through academic studies, seminars, and workshops.
* Demonstrates ability to organize each day to make optimum use of time.
* Performs timely face to face assessments with patients.
* Demonstrates positive interpersonal relation in communicating with physicians and co-workers to promote quality patient care. Able to clearly and effectively communicate with co-workers, physicians and team members.
* Assures that orders are timely issued and implemented and that patients always have the necessary medications, equipment and supplies.
* Attends and participates in in-services, staff meetings, and patient care conferences.
* Completes all documentation in an accurate, legible and timely manner.
* Provides quality patient care consistent with standards of nursing practices.
* Complies with hospice policies and procedures, laws and regulations and standards of practice.
* Other tasks, duties, projects and responsibilities as may be assigned.
* Master's or doctoral degree in nursing.
* Current NP License within the State. Certification in Hospice and Palliative Nursing desired and encouraged.
* Minimum of two-year experience as an NP within the last 3 years.