Knowledge Management Training and Adoption Lead
Employment Type: Full-Time
The KM Training and Adoption Lead will develop the global strategy and approach to training and adoption efforts for the firm's knowledge management suite of tools and services in support of both client and firm needs. As part of the KM management team this person will work closely with the director and other managers to develop and implement the strategic direction and roadmap for KM products & Library Services and help weave new products into the larger strategic design.
This position will manage the training, outreach, and adoption program for lawyers and staff. He/she will consult with and advise practice group leadership, Practice Development and Legal KM on the appropriate suite of KM tools for their practice in order to ensure that lawyers have access to the information needed to work effectively and efficiently on behalf of the firm's clients. Acting as an evangelist, this person will conduct compelling product demonstrations that convey product and subject matter expertise to lawyers, firm leadership, and other business support groups.
He/she will work with Professional Development and IT Training to ensure that library and KM products are integrated into firm training programs for lawyers. This position will build and maintain an intimate understanding of existing products as well as continually monitor the marketplace to identify tools of potential value to the firm's lawyers. This position will also mentor KM product managers and library staff on effective marketing, training and adoption strategies for their products. This person will act as an ambassador for knowledge management and library services so must be able to excite and motivate partners, associates and business support teams with a compelling vision. He/she must have a consultative demeanor and a strong customer service orientation. He/she must be a very strong communicator, savvy about technology and able to interact with lawyers and other professionals at all levels within the organization.
1. Establish and oversee the strategic direction for the firm's adoption and training of KM products & services.
2. Work with Knowledge Management Lawyers and Practice Support to implement innovation and knowledge management solutions in connection with Practice needs.
3. Develop an outreach program to the firm's practice groups to assess their research and km training needs and to develop effective adoption strategies.
4. Discuss attorney know-how and work product organization issues with Firm management, partners, associates, and practice groups and recommend software products, platforms, processes, and work-flows to address such issues
5. Work with local offices across the firm to assess their training needs on library and KM products and services and work with office managing partners, office administrators, KM Lawyers and other business support professionals to create training programs that meet their needs.
6. Work with KM Product Managers, IT Training, Professional Development, Practice Development and LKM to develop communications campaign and roll-out strategy for new KM products.
7. Develop lawyer facing training programs for KM & Library Services products.
8. Champion the firm's use of sound knowledge management practices and encourage adoption of the firm's suite of KM Products.
9. Assist the director and other managers of KM/Lib Services to monitor and evaluate the firm's use of KM/Library resources, through both metrics and anecdotal evidence, and adjust training and adoption efforts accordingly.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
* M.L.S. from ALA-accredited library school, and/or J.D. from ABA-accredited law school, and/or M.B.A. or other relevant graduate degree required.
* Five plus years of experience managing training programs in law firms or with vendors of legal research & km services.
* Five + years of Knowledge Management and/or Library Research experience.
* Demonstrated success in developing and managing adoption and training programs for products used by lawyers or other professional knowledge workers.
* Strong change management, written and presentation skills of complex information to attorneys, staff, and management. Ability to excite and motivate lawyers and staff at all levels within the organization with a compelling vision.
* Project management skills with the ability to manage multiple time-sensitive matters in a fast-paced environment
* Strong strategic thinking skills.
* Proficient with technology. Quick to learn how to use new tools and adept at understanding how lawyers might make use of these tools. Able to develop detailed instruction materials that are appropriate to the target audience, weaving in examples of how the tool will help lawyers serve their clients.
* Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills. Able to interact with professionals at all levels within the organization.
* Commitment to providing high-quality research and knowledge sharing services to a large group of demanding lawyers in a fast-paced business environment.
* Ability to keep up with the latest trends in the legal market, shifts in information demands; resourcefulness in promoting research services.
* Ability to work effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment.
* Pay attention to details and have the ability to follow up and follow through.
Normal office environment. Incumbent is expected to work the hours necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position. Flexibility for travel is a requirement for this position.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.