Finance and Strategy Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Romeo Power (NYSE: RMO) is on a mission to power the world's transition to electrification. This is part of our bold vision to create a world where energy poverty no longer exists. As an energy technology leader delivering advanced electrification solutions for complex commercial vehicle applications, we seek to attract the most curious minds to help us drive real change and create a more sustainable future.
As a company, we're continually innovating to challenge what's possible. We believe in transparency and teamwork. With a long-term mindset, we take solution-driven approaches. We thrive on solving the hardest problems and we celebrate our successes as a team. We're diverse, inclusive and share a passion for making access to clean energy universal as we drive towards a democratically energized world.
Founded in 2016, Romeo Power is headquartered in Los Angeles, California. Our suite of advanced hardware, combined with our innovative battery management system, delivers the safety, performance, reliability and configurability our customers need to succeed. Romeo Power's 113,000 square-foot manufacturing facility brings its flexible design and development process inhouse to pack the most energy dense battery systems on the market.
Romeo Power Technology - Finance and Strategy Manager
We're looking for one of our future leaders; a great analytical mind with excellent business acumen, who is interesting in deeply understanding Romeo's long-term financial, strategic and operational plan. Reporting to the VP Finance and Strategy and partnering closely with Romeo's senior leaders (in particular the Chief Strategy and Commercial Officer), the Finance and Strategy Manager will support the highest priority initiatives and business opportunities across the organization. You are a strategic thinker who can help our leaders frame our long-term strategy but also are obsessed with details and understanding the nuances behind the numbers.
You are a creative thinker with the ability to structure analysis with limited guidance. You are deeply interested in data and have relentless research abilities that support your efforts. You are looking for an opportunity to work cross-functionally and bring an operations lens to the skillset you have developed over the last two to four years in Management Consulting, Investment Banking or in Strategic Finance at a top tier startup. You enjoy working with senior stakeholders and can influence them with clear and concise messages, but you also are willing to get into details to master the financial and operational drivers involved.
The ideal candidate is highly analytical and a curious self-starter who is excited to solve complex and interesting problems, share insights and make an impact. You learn quickly, work well cross functionally up-and-down the organization, and will roll up your sleeves to get the job done. This role is designed to develop one of Romeo's future leaders who will have an outsized impact on the business over time.
In this role you will:
* Support Romeo's long-term strategic planning to identify key business initiatives and set financial targets
* Drive the execution of Romeo's long-range strategy across multiple cross-functional teams
* Conduct ad hoc analysis on commercial questions and evaluate new opportunities
* Support business partnerships with focus on financial forecasts and operational targets
* Tackle hard, ambiguous questions with rigor and independence, owning projects from problem to recommendation
* Clearly define the opportunity and risk of Romeo's current and future product, customer, and geographic footprint, helping leadership to spot trends with an impact on Romeo's overall strategy
* Evaluate white space business, product, and opportunities in adjacent markets
* Build thought leadership on the future state of the industry (e.g. the future of electrified transport and mobility solutions) and potential impact to Romeo's overall strategy
* Assist with the creation of weekly leadership updates, board materials, and other highly visible presentations
What we are looking for:
* 4 - 7+ years of total experience across a combination of investment banking, management consulting or strategic finance experience in a technology focused industrials / manufacturing startup
* You are comfortable working in an unstructured environment without defined processes and procedures; however, you will proactively identify areas to instill discipline and process where appropriate.
* You have strong proficiency in financial modeling and the ability to take opportunities from an idea to an operationalized plan using rigor and financial analysis to help frame the path forward.
* You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You can review legal documents, build presentations and/or draft internal communications as needed.
* You have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build trust with an Executive team.
* You're highly self-motivated, have a stellar work ethic and you're looking for the right company to support your growth.
* Above all else, you are bright, kind and motivated by challenge
Romeo Power is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.