Employment Type: Full-Time
Since 1950, Clark Pest Control has made the lives of people throughout California - and now northwestern Nevada - pest-free, worry-free and just plain better.
We maintain excellence in everything we do, from our first point of contact with our customers.
We'd love to welcome you to our team. We reward our employees with superior benefits and compensation, and provide extensive ongoing training to provide you with the skills to succeed. We believe it's important to invest in your career!
Our careers offer the perfect combination of autonomy, accountability and comradery.
Major Areas of Responsibility
Under the general direction of the WDO Service Manager, and in coordination with Inspectors, the Termite Technician is responsible for:
* Chemically treating and/or repairing structural damage on a variety of commercial and residential structures.
* Maintaining contact with homeowners, homebuyers, their agents, company inspectors and others regarding work to be accomplished.
* Ensuring that jobs are done legally, professionally, and within specifications.
* Receiving and accounting for company funds.
* Maintain company issued equipment and vehicle in a clean condition at all times.
* Read and understand label instructions regarding treatment procedures.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Familiar with construction methods and terminology, knowledgeable of current rules and regulations enacted by various governmental agencies (i.e., SPCB and Building Departments), and familiar with all types of wood destroying organisms, the types of damage they do, and how to effect control methods.
* The ability to read and interpret field notes and diagrams is imperative.
* Must effectively read, speak and write in English (all handwriting is to be legible and orderly).
* Before beginning work, must pass a pre-employment drug test, background check, physical examination (including fitness panel), and a lung capacity test if required to wear respirators.
* Will possess a valid driver's license and provide a current DMV printout.
* A clean uniform and professional appearance is required. If the job requires the use of respirators or self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), facial hair that interferes with the face seal is not allowed.
* Must be able to operate company vehicles and may be required to operate lift equipment, high pressure pumps, power saws, power drills, augers and other hand held power tools. Use and maintain safety equipment including bump cap, gloves, goggles, respirators, eye washers, first aid kits and spill abatement equipment. Help prevent theft of tools and supplies by locking vehicle and storage areas when away from vehicle.
* Must demonstrate good attendance/punctuality; be consistently at work and on time; Arrive at meetings and appointments on time.
* Each employee is to place safety and health requirements as first importance in the performance of their work duties. Each employee must obey safety instructions, rules, policy and procedures and use provided and installed safety devices and safety equipment.
* You shall wear and maintain protective eye glasses, shields or goggles and respirator when applying chemicals or using power equipment, websters, hammers, saws, drills, or other hand tools.
Education and Specifications
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
* Attend regularly scheduled training sessions and maintain an Applicators license, which must be obtained within 90 days of your hire date.
* Attend regularly scheduled training sessions and maintain a Branch III Field Representative license from the State of California and the Structural Pest Control Board or a Nevada C1, C2 or C3 (Nevada only), which you are expected to obtain within 6 months of your hire date
* Must be physically fit and be capable of safely crawling and climbing. Will be required to lift heavy objects and sometimes transport them onto roofs, into attics or under structures.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit.
* The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* You will work outdoors in all types of weather while working in areas that are confined, hot/cold, damp, odoriferous, dirty and/or poorly lighted.
* During a normal work day, you may inspect, crawl and work in sub-areas, basements and attics of structures and work with or around avicides, dessicants, fungicides, fumigants, herbicides, insecticides, miticides, propellants, rodenticides, termiticides and other materials commonly found in and around structures. Refer to the 'Mati' section of the Clark Intranet for a list of on-site materials.
* Safely handle and dispose of pesticides properly.
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.