Sr. Program Manager, Advertising
Employment Type: Full-Time
The future won't be televised. It will be streamed.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we've set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you'll make a valuable - and valued - contribution. We're a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers worldwide while gaining meaningful experience across various disciplines.
About the role
Roku pioneered streaming to the TV and continues to innovate and lead the industry. While we are well-positioned to help shape the future of television - including TV advertising - around the world, continued success relies on our commitment to program management. From new product launches to corporate governance, to company acquisitions, this team uses extensive program management skills to understand what the business needs, communicate status, and help the company's leaders execute.
This team of senior program management leaders has both the technical and business acumen necessary for overseeing these critical initiatives. They can quickly understand a range of highly technical programs and provide oversight for multiple complex projects that require cross-functional team alignment across internal and external stakeholders.
As our advertising capabilities expand & grow exponentially, we need solid program management to lead the team to excel in a highly competitive market. One of the top priorities for Roku is to develop a scalable CTV-first advertising platform with a focus in the areas of DSP, SSP, endemic media, brand experience, header bidding solution, automation & scale, and privacy. This role will work closely with the Ads Product Management leadership team to ensure they deliver on their strategic, multi-year roadmap. The role will support critical cross-functional programs in ad tech, programmatic, header bidding, and privacy.
We are looking for a driven and experienced leader with a good product sense in the advertising space who has a data-driven approach to problem-solving. They should be able to proactively identify risks, be comfortable with ambiguity, provide oversight on complex product initiatives across internal & external stakeholders. The successful candidate will have a track record of strong program management experience, especially in advertising technology. They will be motivated by the ability to play a significant role in ensuring that Roku successfully scaling its business.
They will be a senior leader with a strong program management background, a head for business, and a pragmatic, data-driven, strategic approach to problem-solving. Additionally, they will be able to get into the details of every program they run, understand technical and business issues, and provide hands-on work to bring the program to success. They will have the ability to influence team members across different business and functional teams.
Our environment is fast-paced, requiring the ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision in an ever-changing environment. Our work is deeply collaborative, which requires a positive attitude, a high degree of accountability, and the ability to communicate and collaborate across teams. You will need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills. We are looking for people ready to lead by example, be selfless in your leadership across teams, collaborate with your peers, and partner with colleagues and external partners.
What you'll be doing
* Build and Lead multiple ads-related core teams working on cross-functional & complex projects from early ambiguity through successful launch and close
* Participate in diverse technical discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful & scalable deployment
* Drive the end-to-end execution of product roadmap with diverse partner teams (engineering, data science, Ad sales, etc.)
* Manage critical decision making, anticipate and mitigate potential risks, explore and implement contingency plans, and ensure cross-functional alignment throughout a program's lifecycle
* Facilitate communications across the company to ensure transparency of program progress and risks, maintain plan-of-record, and provide appropriate and timely updates to our executive team
* Identify and drive process improvements that make future programs more effective
We're excited if you have
* Deep knowledge of the digital advertising landscape, specifically with ad tech, programmatic, header bidding, and privacy
* 8+ years in a technology, engineering, or media company leadership or senior program management role with experience connected to advertising technology
* Comfort with ambiguity
* Ability to come up to speed quickly and contribute in a diverse set of technical areas
* Data-driven and pragmatic with excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Ability to present and convey key insights effectively to executive management
* Ability to engage business leaders in thoughtful debate on issues, plans, and solutions
* Flexible to changing circumstances and capacity to maintain calm in the face of uncertainty
* Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate teams outside of your direct purview
* Jira and Confluence mastery is a plus
* College degree strongly preferred
The Roku culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We're independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.