Senior Financial Analyst
Employment Type: Full-Time
Surround yourself with problem-solvers like yourself
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the U.S., and we've set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you'll make a valuable - and valued - contribution. We're a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world, while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the role
The Roku Pay team is responsible for payment processing on the Roku Platform. This is a crucial role supporting the Roku Pay business, working closely with the Roku Pay, FP&A, and accounting teams. Responsibilities include analysis and business support, including building Roku Pay models, developing and tracking KPIs, and becoming a trusted FP&A partner to the team.
This role provides the opportunity to get an in depth understanding of the streaming business, key business drivers and the company's international expansion efforts. This role reports to the FP&A Manager, Content Distribution, based in the San Jose office.
What you'll be doing
Become the primary FP&A Business Partner for the Roku Pay team
* Create and own the short term and long-range Roku Pay forecast model & P&L
* Build and maintain the tracking and models for Roku Pay contribution to revenue via attribution improvements and churn reductions
* Establish financial KPIs and tracking for both Roku Pay and Customer Service support
* Own and lead the ROI analysis on Roku Pay initiatives to drive insight into which projects provide the most value to Roku
* Engage with the business on how to help save costs related to payment processing and more efficient Customer Support service center costs
* Assist in ad hoc analysis as needed
Support Roku's international efforts by
* Enhance visibility and International reporting by developing reporting and forecasts for COGS by country
* Help drive meaningful insight as we enter new markets and establish country KPIs for processing costs
OPEX & Headcount
* Partner with budget owners to understand COGS & OPEX drivers and manage headcount and budget expectations
* Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting including analyzing financial results, identifying key trends, assessing current and future business risk, and communicating key insights
Financial Close & Forecast
* Work closely with the accounting teams to ensure timely and accurate financial closes
* Identify and explain key variance drivers to plan, forecast, YoY and QoQ
We're excited if you have
* 4+ years of FP&A and accounting experience, ideally in a payment processing or media and advertising company
* Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related subject
* Ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of precision
* Excellent communicator and collaborator across multiple departments and practices a service-oriented business partnering approach
* Ability to understand complex business drivers, produce high-quality analytics and communicate results effectively
* Eagerness to work in a start-up team environment that will be rapidly changing
* Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
* Proven ability to create financial models
* Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
* NetSuite / Adaptive experience a plus
Our unique culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We're independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.