Engineering Manager, Social Core
Employment Type: Full-Time
Roblox, Engineering Manager, Social Core, San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that's building the future of play. Every month, over 160 million monthly active players come to Roblox to immerse themselves in any game or experience imaginable. Players can create the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today, more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all created by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
As a Engineering Manager, Social Core, you'll be in charge of building the key services that power a lot of our application needs (presence, notifications, VIP servers,...) which support 5M+ concurrent players every day. If you are an experienced technical leader with deep knowledge of large scale deployment, you'll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing social team.
* Battle ready: You have 2+ years of management experience, already managed 5+ engineers, built engineering teams from scratch and want to do it again.
* Experienced: You have 5+ years of experience in large scale software deployments with a proven track record of delivering highly performant technical solutions. You own a BS in Computer Science, MS/PhD are a definite plus.
* Knowledgeable: You have a deep understanding of all the components required to build modern large scale infrastructure. You can recommend one route versus another and bring a team of engineers to consensus. You also love to pick up new technologies as the landscape evolves.
* Charismatic: You are used to lead engineers, love to earn their respect and can make them accomplish the impossible.
* Creative: You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard people and technical problems.
* Build core platform teams in the social organization and lead them while they deploy new services for millions of users.
* Mentor engineers and team leads to make sure your team expertise grows over time.
* Work closely with your product partners to define the roadmap and lead the project execution.
* Collaborate with other engineering teams, product and design to improve the existing and develop new functionality, pipelines, and workflow.
* Be guided by the company vision to put the Roblox community first and represent the company through thought leadership.
Perks & Benefits:
* Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
* Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
* Free catered lunches and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
* Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
* Fitness reimbursement program
* 401K program
* Pre-tax commuter program
* Unlimited vacation policy
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 130 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox - Powering Imagination.