Operational Risk Senior Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
* A Great Place to Work
* A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
* A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Robinhood Markets (RHM) is the parent company of various business units, including clearing, brokerage, crypto currency, and money services. We are looking for an Operational Risk Senior Manager to join RHM's Enterprise Risk Team, reporting directly to the Head of Enterprise Risk & Control. The candidate will be responsible for helping the organization mitigate risks arising from internal processes, people, and systems. As a key member of our 2nd line of defense, you will partner closely with the leadership team of each business unit (or subsidiary). This is a highly motivated, collaborative, and analytical self-starter with the ability to assess and escalate risks in a timely manner.
The Enterprise Risk function takes a risk-based approach to assess risk taking activities of the primary owners in the business, or the 1st Line of Defense. This position requires a knowledgeable risk management professional with experience in clearing operations, crypto currency, technology and information security, counterparty and third-party risks in a financial services institution. The successful candidate will ensure operational excellence and resiliency across the enterprise to support Robinhood's rapid growth.
What you'll do day-to-day:
* Manage and mature Robinhood's operational risk management methodology in accordance with enterprise risk governance and policies
* Responsible for review of the business unit risk assessments and tracking remediation through corrective action plans
* Produce regular operational risk briefings, key risk and control indicators, and presentations that summarize key metrics and operational data for the business units
* Ensure consistent process mapping, controls, and maintenance of risk management registers for each business unit
* Liaise with the first line of defense as oversight for incident response, issue management, in support of risk detection, mitigation, acceptance of prevention demonstrating sound decision-making capabilities
* Oversee the operational risk incident management process to guarantee that timeliness, integrity, and quality control are maintained
* Ensure appropriate review of the financial impact of operational incidents and root cause and business impact analysis
* Identify, measure, monitor and report the level of, and mitigation efforts around the firm's operational risks
* Proactively investigate business unit procedures and processes the organization undertakes in the course of its operations, document and escalate findings, and provide guidance to tighten the procedures where necessary
* Oversee the consistent implementation of Enterprise Risk policies and procedures
* Build partnerships with other organizational line of defense (i.e. Compliance, Internal Audit, etc.)
* Define and lead enterprise operational risk programs and drive the long-term roadmap for operational risk management at Robinhood
* Identify operational risk training needs and create training programs
* Participate in ad hoc projects and initiatives that enhance the control environment, and respond to regulatory/audit requests
* Stay abreast of current industry standards
* Gain product knowledge of Robinhood systems
* Passion for Robinhood's products and our mission to democratize access to global financial systems
* Bachelor's degree in relevant field
* 10+ years of broker-dealer experience with risk management programs, operations or compliance roles
* Ability to implement operational risk programs at scale with a bias to action
* Strategic thinker with experience executing and reporting on risk mitigation strategies and regulatory compliance initiatives
* Experience driving operational efficiencies by redesigning processes and implementing technical solutions
* Strong collaborative and organizational skills with ability to partner across functional teams and communicate with technical and non-technical users
* Strong analytical abilities to simplify complex problems and automate reporting and analysis, all while maintaining strong attention to detail and organizational skills
* Ability to learn quickly and execute on projects
* Excellent verbal and communication skills
* Be a great team leader who fosters conditions that allow for a team to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment
* FINRA Series 7, 24 (preferred)
* Advanced degree or certification in a relevant field
* Leadership or people management experience
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission-we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).