Finance & Strategy Manager - Growth and Marketing
Employment Type: Full-Time
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We're continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
This will be a remote work position until September of 2020. Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA, with offices in Lake Mary, FL, Denver, CO, and London, UK.
About the role
As the Finance & Strategy lead for Growth & Marketing, you serve as a thought partner to the leads of Robinhood's Marketing, Data Science, and Product teams. This position plays a key strategic role in linking product and business decisions with financial outcomes. Key initiatives have included tracking marketing spend, forecasting user growth, and analyzing acquisition strategies.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experiences in past roles influencing business leaders and supporting decision making in constantly evolving environments. This role requires someone who can navigate ambiguity and interdependence, juggle multiple projects end to end, and drive cross-functional projects to completion. This role has regular interaction with senior leadership at Robinhood and therefore requires strong interpersonal and communication skills.
This role will report directly into the Director of Finance & Strategy, and will involve leading a small team in the near future.
Your day-to-day will involve:
* Partnering closely with marketing leadership to provide strategic guidance and finance, operational, and decision support
* Being the resident owner and specialist of the user growth forecast model. Leading cross-team coordination of model inputs and outputs with other F&S team members.
* Building financial models and investment framework to inform new customer acquisition, brand awareness, and customer engagement investment decisions
* Presenting financial reporting and insights to cross functional partners & senior stakeholders, highlighting key opportunities and quantifying areas of risk/sensitivity
* Building rhythm of the business dashboards and tools that help business leaders measure marketing spend and returns
* Using data-driven methods to identify and evaluate highest potential strategic growth and performance improvement opportunities across all channels and customer segments
* Being a thought leader to improve and simplify processes, drive standardization, and build scalable solutions to support the next wave of growth.
* Well versed in brand, growth, performance marketing financial analytics
* Helping build, mentor, and coach our outstanding F&S team
Some things we consider critical for this role:
* A Bachelor's Degree in business, finance, economics, engineering, or a related field
* 8+ years of finance experience with dynamically growing levels of responsibility in investment decisioning, forecasting, and budget/expense management
* Experience in assessing brand and performance marketing analytics
* Strong project management skills and ability to execute collaboratively across complex, matrixed environments
* Ability to influence decisions through effective verbal and written comms, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives
* Excellent analytical skills, a passion for metrics, and the business judgement to balance the details while not losing sight of the big picture
* Tried ability to lead multiple complicated priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion.
* Openness to experimentation - at RH we are building new frameworks for investing - that means we need to drive growth and market to customers in ways that are innovative - adaptability and interest in experimentation is key
* A positive attitude. This means a desire to work hard, be creative, stay curious, and maintain a can-do approach.
* Familiarity with analytical tools (SQL, Looker) and financial reporting software (Oracle, Planful)
* Experience working in the tech industry and consumer apps
* Familiarity with marketing analytics
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We'd love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.