Employment Type: Full-Time
$160000.00 to $200000.00 yearly
Jim Park (email@example.com) is searching for a Controller.
If you thrive in a role where integrity, reliability and leadership are valued, this could be the job for you. Candidates who would be excited to become part of a successful company will be interested in Robert Half Finance's opportunity to take responsibility for an accounting and clerical department as a Controller. This position is for candidates who can plan and direct all accounting operational functions, handle the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluate accounting and internal control systems, and lead departmental staff. Candidates who can effectively manage self and others within strict time constraints when providing client services, lead while also being a team player, generate innovative ideas, and challenge the status quo, will be preferred for this position. This is a great opportunity for exceptional compensation, benefits and potential for career growth.
- Oversee the activities of the finance department, such as accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Time monthly billing and other cash management techniques to make sure cash collection is punctual
- Work closely with executive team and partners to ensure that firm-wide operation is efficient and effective
- Manage the creation of the annual budget and forecasts and monitor them on a monthly basis
- Check deliverables of self and team to certify they meet client expectations
- Manage monthly and annual close of income statement and balance sheet, the reconciliations of accounts, and G/L analysis
- Prepare cash-flow reports, projecting cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals, daily cash management
- Research, prepare and execute Finance Department initiatives such as software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, as required
- Flexible in completing tasks beyond formal job responsibilities
- Evaluate, apply and refine policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Present executive committee and partners with monthly financial reportsJob Requirements:
• BS in Finance/Accounting, CPA preferred but not required.
• CPA Firm and/or professional services industry experience highly preferred.
• 6-15+ years of experience with some supervisory experience. Will supervise a team of 3 staff (AP/Payroll, AR Billing and Data Analyst)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Good understanding of revenue recognition, month-end close, and financial reporting.
• Ability to update and streamline accounting policies and procedures.
• Sage Intacct, QuickBooks, Bill.com, Concur, and Blackline experience preferred.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.