Data Analyst - Battery Management System
Employment Type: Full-Time
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what's possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
* Implement automation to analyze data from the field logged on a cloud platform or in house data loggers.
* You will implement infrastructure to analyze data from various data sources and formats. Experience with CAN and Ethernet data is a huge plus and you will be working with these formats every single day.
* You will work with developers to understand what data needs attention and implement scripts to parse the said data to look for patterns, deviation, trends, and anomalies.
* You will work with test engineers to examine the data and generate insights
* You will produce data visualizations and reports for management and play a critical role in quantifying data deviations and feature, software improvements for future architectures.
* You will work on data reporting to identify business needs and produce corresponding visual and numerical analysis.
* You will have an opportunity to grow into data engineering and data science teams as Rivian scales its BMS software organization.
* You will have an opportunity to learn all about batteries and electric propulsion while working alongside domain experts.
* 1-5 years of work experience in the software industry
* At least a bachelor's degree in engineering discipline (CS or Data Science)
* Well-versed w/ multiple programming languages such as Python, R, Matlab, Java, Go, Scala
* Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau, PowerBI, Matplotlib, Seaborn, Plotly
* Experience with writing complex queries for RDBMS such as PostgreSQL, Elastic search etc
* Experience with analyzing CAN and Ethernet data is a huge plus
* Experience with machine learning models and libraries is a plus.
* Experience with big data technologies like Hive, Spark, Hadoop is a plus
* Familiarity with cloud platforms (AWS) is a plus
* Experience developing ETL pipelines is a plus
* Previous experience in automotive / autonomous / electrification industry is a plus
* Strong communication, multitasking, & inter-personal skills, both in presentation & technical writing
* Versed with requirements management tools (e.g. JAMA, Doors, etc.) & issue tracking tools ( Jira, Bugzilla )
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.