Reinsurance and ILS Product Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
The ideal candidate is knowledgeable reinsurance/ILS portfolio management workflows, and understands the broader dynamics of the (re)insurance market.
You will contribute to RMS' strategy for supporting clients' evaluation of cat bonds and private risk transfer deals, as well as other business applications such as aggregating risk portfolios and event response.
As a core part of your job, you will meet with customers, users, prospects, partners, and industry analysts to communicate RMS' vision of the market, product road map, and competitive differentiation. You will serve as a primary SME (subject matter expert) for ILS products and the target market, understand the competitive landscape from strategy to functional capabilities, and represent RMS as a domain and product expert.
* Own product management for the ILS business segment from concept to market
* Own both FE application and BE API products
* Build strong relationships with users and champion the client internally
* Manage internal and external stakeholders including: users, sales, marketing, engineering and design
* Work daily with full stack engineering team: DevOps, BE, FE and QE
* Work daily with design team to innovate on the user experience and user research
* Drive product requirements and acceptance criteria
* Manage backlog grooming and prioritization
* Gather and analyze usage data and feedback to inform product roadmap
* Enable sales team and support sales cycle, and educate other colleagues and stakeholders
* Evangelize product at conferences and events
* 2+ years experience in software product management
* 3+ years experience in insurance or financial markets
* strong communication and presentation skills
* strong ability to synthesize large complex issues into small simple components
* strong ability to collaborate and coordinate with multiple (often competing) parties
* experience of working with agile software development practices
* bonus: experience working with remote team
* bonus: experience writing code, specifically Python and/or SQL