Manager, Software Engineering
Employment Type: Full-Time
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it's for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
As a Manager, Software Engineering ServiceNow, you will report to a Senior Manager, Software Engineering. You will join a technical team automating and integrating Information Technology platforms with ServiceNow at Riot Games.
* Manage a team of ServiceNow administrators and developers.
* Accelerate Riot toward its mission.
* Lead the transformation of Riot toward consolidated processes in the spaces of ITSM, ITBM, ITOM, and ITAM.
* Partner with stakeholders in the discovery and articulation of bodies of work and subsequently manage realization.
* Identify skill and resource gaps and provide experiential opportunities to the team and hire as necessary.
* Advocate for the team and draw from their experience to determine strategic and tactical approaches for execution.
* Establish processes and practices for SDLC, Service Transition, and Release Management.
* Partner with ServiceNow, Inc to understand the product roadmap that will inform the strategic implementation roadmap at Riot.
* Manage delivery vendor relationships to ensure adequate development and sustainment resources to achieve company goals.
* Negotiate with internal customers to determine minimum viable products and incremental deliveries to manifest value for the company.
* Work with service, infrastructure, and support teams to ensure adequate delivery on their objectives.
* Ensure the existence of appropriate process and support documentation and runbooks for sustainability.
* 5+ years working in an engineering leadership ServiceNow position
* 7+ years of software engineering experience
* Experience deploying ServiceNow in the space of ITSM/ITBM/ITOM and participating in corresponding organizational change management of the rollout.
* Expertise in developing customizations, automation, and workflows in the ServiceNow platform.
* Depth of experience in Asset Management, Configuration Management, Cloud Management, and Data Management.
* Team leadership experience in the ServiceNow domain.
* ITIL v3/4 certification and associated practical experience.
* Specific experience with Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, Lean, and Disciplined Agile frameworks/methodologies.
* Excellent English language skills: you are comfortable communicating with large audiences and excel at writing in-depth application how-tos, documenting standard operating procedures, and producing user-facing documentation
* Deep domain expertise in ServiceNow Asset Management
* Expert knowledge of SQL, including MySQL and PostgreSQL
* Experience orchestrating containers and infrastructure using Kubernetes and Terraform
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).