Principal Applied Scientist
Employment Type: Full-Time
Ring is looking for an experienced applied scientist to lead a team of talented and professional applied scientists with experience in robotics to help in the development of the Always Home Cam. A successful candidate will have strong foundations in mathematics, statistics and machine learning with exceptional communication and leadership skills. Hands on experience with consumer or industrial robotic systems is a big plus.
The Ring Always Home Cam is a new consumer technology innovation from Ring, coming in 2021. This autonomously flying indoor security camera will fly to chosen, personalized viewpoints and lets users easily check in on things to give them peace of mind. Ring Always Home Cam charts a new path forward in whole home security by providing multiple viewpoints in the home with one, single device - no matter what's happening, you're always home.
* Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics.
* 6+ years of experience in data science, machine learning, or a related field.
* 6+ years of experience with programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Perl, or Python.· PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics.
* 10+ years of industrial/academic experience in the robotics field.
* Demonstrated experience managing an industrial research team for at least 3 years.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Solid track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring's smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors App, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visitwww.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.