Employment Type: Full-Time
Ring is looking for a talented Video Editor to join our production team. The candidate will work directly with Creative Directors, Producers, Art Directors, Copywriters and Designers across Ring teams to create world-class video content. Typical projects range from Broadcast TV to social media assets and everything in-between.
Candidate must have a portfolio to be considered
A day in the life
The Editor will be tasked with taking raw footage and turning it into clear and concise content that messages salient product and brand benefits. Utilizing the visual toolkit of Ring, product footage, user generated content, app experience, and motion graphics to create assets in service of the brand.
About the hiring group
Our job is to create interest in Ring products through clear, concise content and campaigns that highlight Ring's mission to help make neighborhoods safer. The Production team consists of creatives, producers, editors, and motion graphic designers and is an interdisciplinary mix of video enthusiasts who take pride in their work.
* Meet and exceed marketing objectives through compelling and innovative video storytelling
* Tackle problems within a team setting, or individually
* Work under tight deadlines, on multiple concurrent projects, while being flexible to changing business and technical conditions
* Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills as well as creative problem-solving skills
* Edit in both a supervised and unsupervised capacity
* Maintain project data and organization for optimal editing workflow
* Prepare OMFs for sound mixing, EDL/XMLs for telecine, and finals for delivery
* Maintain and organize backups of all current and ongoing projects
* Create clips from archived content for alternative lengths and distribution
* Properly QC for all formats
* Prioritize projects from various teams in a timely manner
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.· Bachelor's Degree in a related field, or Equivalent Experience
* 5+ years of professional experience in either an in-house or external agency creative team
* Experience with Adobe Premiere CC and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) as related to Premiere
* Demo reel showcasing previous video editing work
* Experience working on home security or technology products
* Proficiency with Adobe After Effects
* Excellent problem solver through creative.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring's smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.