Employment Type: Full-Time
REVOLVE is the next-generation fashion retailer for Millennial and Generation Z consumers. As a trusted, premium lifestyle brand, and a go-to online source for discovery and inspiration, we deliver an engaging customer experience from a vast yet curated offering totaling over 45,000 apparel, footwear, accessories and beauty styles. Our dynamic platform connects a deeply engaged community of millions of consumers, thousands of global fashion influencers, and more than 500 emerging, established and owned brands. Through 16 years of continued investment in technology, data analytics, and innovative marketing and merchandising strategies, we have built a powerful platform and brand that we believe is connecting with the next generation of consumers and is redefining fashion retail for the 21st century. For more information please visit www.revolve.com.
At REVOLVE the most successful team members have a thirst and the creativity to make this the top e-commerce brand in the world. With a team of 1,000+ based out of Cerritos, California we are a dynamic bunch that are motivated by getting the company to the next level. It's our goal to hire high-energy, diverse, bright, creative, and flexible individuals who thrive in a fast-paced work environment. In return, we promise to keep REVOLVE a company where inspired people will always thrive.
To take a behind the scenes look at the REVOLVE 'corporate' lifestyle check out our Instagram @REVOLVEcareers or #lifeatrevolve.
Are you ready to set the standard for Premium apparel?
Main purpose of the Buying Analyst role:
The Buying Analyst drives sales plans through a consistent focus on studying the business, monitoring inventory and sales performance, and providing analysis necessary to bring in new products to fit the needs of the customer. Track sales performance of existing products and assist in the determination of next steps; this includes developing in-season forecasts and future merchandise plans for given segments of the business. Ensure that the merchandise financial targets are met including tracking and managing the buy plan and inventory. This position leverages historical sales data to identify trends and future opportunities to ultimately impact the topline sales numbers.
The ideal candidate for the Buying Analyst position will blend their deep understanding of fashion with their analytical skill set. They will be a collaborative team player who is able to see the big picture business yet is able to drill down to a micro level. Their strong drive and curiosity makes them a self-starter who can drive strategic change.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities; compare sales data of the planned segments to company targets and provide action plans to reconcile deviations
* Manage the sales and inventory at segment level and ensure that the merchandise targets will be met on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
* Monitor inventory positions to identify opportunities for reorders, RA's, markdowns, margin dollars, and collaborate with Buying Team to manage reconciliation on an ongoing basis
* Impact and optimize merchandise assortment plan through segmentation, brand, category, and trend analysis
* Facilitate vendor negotiations by equipping the Buying Team with all necessary data, projection models, and analysis
* Ensure that we are buying into proper breadth, depth, and sizing opportunities
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Strong aptitude with numbers and clear understanding of retail math
* Strong organizational skills - ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines and to keep abreast of current and future fashion trends
* Ability to communicate persuasively, influentially, and responsibly across a cross-functional team
* Excels in team environments and in building / developing strong interpersonal relationships, while maintaining an individual determination to accomplish goals
* Ability to demonstrate logical thinking and problem-solving skills multi-tasking, time management, self-motivation, persistence, and takes full ownership of their success
* Advanced knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Excel and Office Suite
* Up to 3 years of quantitative analytical experience with a proven track record of achieving successful results from data-mining large databases
* Solid experience with designing and building Excel spreadsheet models
* Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree required
* E-commerce apparel experience
* SQL experience a plus
* Interest and knowledge in contemporary, aspiring-luxury, and luxury fashion
A successful candidate works well in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision. At REVOLVE we all roll up our sleeves to pitch-in and do whatever it takes to get the job done. Each day is a little different, it's what keeps us on our toes and excited to come to work every day.
After submitting your application, please check your spam folder for emails on your application status. Emails are sent from an ADP email address.