Contract Product Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you an experienced Product Manager well versed in establishing processes and overseeing groups of Business Analysts in the delivery of standardized product documentation?
Join the RSI team to define standardized, modern processes for business analysis across our product development groups. You will evaluate software product enhancement requests, perform cost/benefit and risk analyses as needed, and work with our team of business analysts to define/design/implement the features needed for our products. You will work very closely with our product engineering team and quality assurance team to bring features to market in an agile, responsive manner.
You will work very closely with our product engineering team and quality assurance team to bring features to market in an agile, responsive manner. This is a 6 month contract and while preference is for someone in the Sacramento, CA area or PST time zone, position can be remote.
RSI is an equal opportunity employer
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
* BS in Business, MIS, Computer Science, or related field
* Immediate authorization to work in the US
* Strong leadership skills
* 8+ years of relevant work experience as a Business Analyst, Product Manager in a software development environment
* Experience defining and documenting business processes
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience leading client design sessions
* Experience gathering, creating and managing requirements and documenting them in an industry standard format such as Use Cases, System Requirements Specifications or User Stories.
* Significant experience operating within an agile Scrum environment
* Experience with the identification and control of project scope
* Basic knowledge of relational database concepts and standard development techniques
* Basic SQL skills
* Strong analytical problem solving skills
* Ability to quickly grasp and understand both business and technical concepts
* Ability to work with a diverse group of people including management, subject matter experts, developers, and QA
* Positive, customer-focused attitude and desire to interface directly with end-user clients
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
* Experience with large-scale public sector IT projects, especially for Revenue or Finance agencies
* Project Management experience
* Experience prioritizing and managing software enhancements mapped to product releases.
* Familiarity with cost/benefit analyses or other methodologies for the valuation of enhancements