Senior Accounting Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
About the Position
RGP is a global consulting firm helping some of the most recognized companies in the world work differently. Our success comes from a shared belief in rolling up our sleeves and doing the hard work of solving complex challenges, executing plans and implementing technology to help transform organizations.
Working as a consultant you will be connected to work that matters, putting your expertise to its best use while developing skills for the future. The result is a career defined by you, supported by RGP and built on tangible accomplishments.
As we continue to grow and deepen our impact on organizations around the world, we are looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you are interested in being part of our team, there are a few things you should know:
* We are energized by challenges and the effort needed to solve them.
* We like working with people who are positive, adaptable and growth-minded.
* We care how work gets accomplished and are deeply invested in the success of our clients and our colleagues.
If this sounds like you, we invite you to read on and learn more.
THE RGP CONSULTING EXPERIENCE
RGP has a unique consulting model that provides opportunities for consultants to work in different ways. Most consultants work in a model where they have the flexibility and autonomy to choose projects aligning to their experience, skills and desired lifestyle. Other opportunities exist in team-based, strategy and solutions work. In all models, you will feel the full support of RGP to assist you in your work and guide you on your chosen path.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
We are seeking a Senior Accounting Manager for an initial 11-month consulting engagement with a $1B privately held and family-owned grocery chain with 60 store locations and distribution centers across the U.S. You will manage an accounting and finance team consisting of ~35 direct and indirect reports and provide leadership and hands-on execution of day-to-day operational accounting and finance functions. You will also play a key role in supporting business and digital transformation initiatives and providing change management leadership in a rapid growth environment. Verbal fluency in both English and Mandarin Chinese is required. Consultant must be able to work in a hybrid schedule, spending 2-3 days per week onsite in our client's North Orange County office, and the remaining days remote. Expecting to transition to onsite full time.
ATTRIBUTES OF CONSULTANTS AT RGP
* Respect for people and opinions and confidently offer your point-of-view with clients and among colleagues
* A drive for proactively cultivating relationships with clients and colleagues
* Optimism when faced with challenges and complex situations, coupled with the drive to solve client issues
* Dedication to continuous improvement and development of your skillset and talents
* A strong personal identification with RGP's values - loyalty, integrity, focus, enthusiasm, accountability and talent
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
* Manage general ledger accounting including financial close process, month-end journal entries, account reconciliations, and financial reporting in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
* Direct operational finance activities to include the development and compilation of annual financial budgets, forecasting, financial modeling, and analysis.
* Manage accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory accounting, cost accounting, fixed assets, payroll, and tax.
* Oversee annual audit process readiness and execution.
* Partner with senior leadership team, cross-functional business leaders, and project managers on ERP and MRP system implementations. Contribute to enterprise-wide change management and business transformation initiatives and provide project management support.
* Utilize technology and digital innovation to automate and streamline accounting and finance operations. Implement process improvements and policy/procedural changes to increase efficiency, reduce costs, enhance productivity, and elevate team performance.
* Ensure compliance with SOX and internal policies and guidelines.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
* CPA and public accounting experience preferred.
* 7-plus years of relevant accounting and finance experience to include a minimum of 3 years in a supervisory role.
* Strong analytical and organizational skills with advanced working knowledge of MS Excel and exposure to broad GL accounting and ERP systems.
* Demonstrated business acumen required with superior interpersonal and leadership skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluency in both English and Mandarin Chinese is required.
* Experience in project management, systems implementations, process improvement and change management.
* Consultant must be able to work a hybrid schedule spending 2-3 days per week onsite in our client's North Orange County office, and the remaining days remote. Expecting to transition to onsite full time.
Equal Opportunity Employer
RGP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.#06022021