Manager, Platform Engineering
Employment Type: Full-Time
Digital Health Technology team powers digital experiences and engagement to enhance the lives of millions of people every day through connected care. We build, deliver and manage a portfolio of data management platforms and mobile offerings in support of our core businesses. We thrive on simple and elegant architecture and agility. You'll be immersed in a dynamic high-growth environment and empowered to excel, take informed risks, and drive ingenuity across the enterprise.
Today is your day. At ResMed, we believe every day is a new day for ground-breaking ideas and unparalleled opportunity. Ours is a culture focused on what we can accomplish today, and where it can lead us tomorrow. We are thinkers and innovators who constantly challenge ourselves to do everything better than the day before so that people around the world can breathe easier. We are constantly thinking beyond the horizon and challenging ourselves to remain visionaries of the industry we created. Every ResMed employee at every level of the organization can do extraordinary work and deliver innovation. We have always done things our own way. With integrity. With passion. With the aspiration to improve lives with our expertise. That's why we hire the best.
ResMed is looking for a leader responsible for growing and developing an incredible team of talented and motivated engineers. This position reports to our Senior Director of CICD and Shared Services Engineering and will work closely with engineering leadership to continue to develop our Platform Engineering team as a coordinated function within the Digital Health Technologies (DHT) group. Platform Engineers are Software, Systems, and DevOps Engineers who specialize in large-scale distributed systems, low-level systems, and associated automation, tooling, and processes. This function supports and focuses on broad and fundamental technologies which ResMed relies upon.
Working at ResMed is not just an opportunity to help millions of people live healthier, higher-quality lives - it's an opportunity to shape the future - the future of our patients, of the company, and your own career. It's a future that needs people who can dream, think and act. People like you.
Who Are We Looking For
We believe standardized APIs are the key to ResMed's future. By unlocking the capabilities of our platforms and developing open standards and APIs, we can create an environment for digital innovation to thrive. Software may be eating the world, but APIs give it teeth.
We're looking for a technical and industry-experienced engineering manager to join us and help build our Shared Services team and function. The candidate must have deep experience building and operating production systems hosted in the AWS Cloud Platform. At ResMed, we focus on capability and passion. You will be a natural problem solver with pride and personal interest in what you do.
* Your team's mission is to make it easy for internal development teams and external partners to discover and use ResMed APIs. We will foster an external development ecosystem that encourages the creation of third-party apps and developer partners to commercialize their expertise in our API.
* Provide a Developer Portal that allows developers to expose and publicize their APIs, educate developer communities about them, provision user access, generate client keys, and more. API consumers should be able to perform tasks such as registering applications, reset credentials, share and interact with API documentation, provide feedback about the quality of the API, and report bugs.
* Provide API-driven Platform Services that allow developers to seamlessly and easily add capabilities to their products.
* Be the SME for the adoption and usage of the AWS API Gateway.
* As a hands-on technical leader, you will mentor, grow, and empower your team by giving them the skills, confidence, and motivation to make decisions independently that lead to their personal and professional success, and enable them to become technical leaders.
* Work with development stakeholders to define world-class API standards (versioning, documentation, etc.) that all ResMed API must adhere to.
* Take an active role in driving and evolving the roadmap in the Shared Services Engineering domain.
* As an excellent communicator, you will work with teams across ResMed to understand their pain points, incorporate them into your roadmap, and act as an evangelist to help other teams take advantage of the capabilities your team produces.
* Maintain architectural diagram designs and documentation to help partnering cloud infrastructure and application teams to understand the boundaries and capabilities of the tools available to them.
* Ensure teams and employees are adhering to Information Security, Regulatory Compliance, Incident Management, Problem Management, and Change Management processes/practices.
* Participate in deep technical design discussions within your team, and across partner teams, and ensure that we're building the right things and keeping the quality high.
* You will provide a strong technical and architectural vision for platforms, systems, and infrastructure.
* You will have a strong commitment and focus on customer satisfaction and the overall Developer Experience.
* Work to automate management tasks, streamline processes, and improve reliability, uptime, efficiency, consistency, and security throughout the infrastructure and platform tooling.
* Perform other duties as deemed appropriate by the management team.
* Degree/Diploma in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
* 5+ year's management and people leadership experience in Cloud Operations areas
* Experience leading a high-performance team of technical resources to achieve consistent and measurable results
* Enthusiastic, high-energy individual, self-motivated, people-oriented and self-directed
* Excellent understanding and experience in the AWS Cloud Platform, particularly with AWS API Gateway.
* Deep understanding of APIs, SOA, and Micros Service architectures.
* Experience with Git, Confluence, and JIRA.
* Strong team management experience
* Strong project management skills
* Strong organizational/business planning skills
* Strong relationship building skills
* Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
* Proven ability to effectively work with cross-functional teams
* Vendor management experience
* Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects
* Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results in a fast-paced environment
* Experience with Sensitive Data Environments (PCI, HIPAA, etc.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ResMed is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/ Female/ Disability/ Veterans
Joining us is more than saying 'yes' to making the world a healthier place. It's discovering a career that's challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!