Fabrication Technician I
Employment Type: Full-Time
Under general guidance of supervisor, perform a variety of operations required to re-condition or assemble low voltage panel boards, bus plugs, and switches to customers' specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following reflects management's definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
* Correctly select, re-condition, and install various components/devices.
* Sand, mask off, and paint electrical equipment.
* Receive and carry out work assignments from management and internal customers so as to fulfill customer orders in a timely manner. Perform assigned function from oral / written instructions, drawings, manufacturing information, and hand drawn layout request. Closely follow established procedures for completing assigned function.
* Comply with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals. Keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly.
* Ensure all safety and industrial hygiene requirements are maintained.
* Work with members of a team to effectively complete work assignment. Receive information from team members regarding customer needs and product requirements and utilize this information to perform one's function.
* Perform special assignments and/or projects as assigned.
* Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications - Education and Experience
* High School Diploma
* Minimum of one year experience in a shop environment to include experience with maintenance, troubleshooting, combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments
* Ability to recognize problems and to obtain and provide information
* Experience working with standard hand and power tools both pneumatic and battery operated
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrated External Focus
* Basic computer skills to include both MS Word & Excel
* Ability to routinely lift 25 - 50 lbs., occasionally lift 51 - 80 lbs., and occasionally push up to 200 lbs. with the aid of material handling equipment, ability to stand/walk on concrete for an extended period of time, frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motions required to lift, push, and pull
* Associates degree in electronics, engineering, or a technical field
* Knowledge of low voltage panel board, bus plug, and switch construction and assembly
* 2 years of experience in a related field OR special combination of education and experience + demonstrated accomplishments
* Demonstrated Continuous Improvement Successes
* Quality assurance and/or inspection experience
Who we are!
RESA Power is a dynamic, people first organization that prides itself on being the employer of choice in its industry! RESA is fortunate to have an extraordinarily talented group of people who take pride in everything they do! RESA Power has 17 locations throughout the United States & Canada. We are a trusted service provider committed to ensuring the safety, performance and compliance of electrical distribution systems. With a track record of long-term partnerships and excellence in customer experience for nearly a decade!
RESA Power is the industry leader in electrical life extension products and services with many locations across the United States and Canada. We are experts in servicing major power distribution and control markets and have one of the largest inventories of obsolete and hard-to-find components in the industry. ~ Service is our product
* Safety - Put safety above everything else, stay safe in all we do.
* Integrity - Be Honest.
* Reliability- Be trustworthy and consistent for our internal team as well as our customers.
* Experience - Be the industry experts and continue to grow and develop our skills.
Location: San Jose, CA
Physical Demands: Warehouse environment
RESA Power is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.