Rentokil Accelerated Management Program
Employment Type: Full-Time
Rentokil Accelerated Management Program Trainee
Are you looking to build your career in an exciting industry and a growing world-class organization? Come see why so many of our team members recommend us to their friends!
Who are we?
Rentokil is part of the world's largest pest prevention provider and the third largest in North America and Canada. We pride ourselves on being a trusted partner to many of the world's leading brands across industries as diverse as manufacturing, distribution, retail, food service, and hospitality. We are extremely proud of our legacy of excellence and constantly work to enhance the value and impact of our services.
What do our RAMP's do?
Rentokil North America is seeking senior class-women and senior class-men as well as recent grads (within the past year) for a paid position as a Trainee in an accelerated management program that can lead to even greater opportunities within our Organization. This position will begin in June 2021, and students who graduated or are graduating in Fall 2019, Spring 2020, Fall 2020, or Spring, 2021 are encouraged to apply.
The Rentokil Accelerated Management Program (RAMP) is a 15 month rotational leadership program designed to develop future leaders to meet the dynamic needs of our pest control business. RAMP creates a path to accelerate your career growth by providing valuable on-the-job experiences and mentor-ship from top leaders in our business. Following the successful completion of RAMP, you'll be assigned a leadership role within the business. This is accomplished through a variety of rotational training program experiences and roles.
What you can expect during the 15 months of the RAMP program:
* Month 1: 'Becoming a Part of Rentokil.' This first month will be spent providing a high-level overview of Rentokil North America and the pest control industry. You will spend time getting familiar with our culture, our core values, our operating model (i.e. how we generate revenue and profit), our key operational initiatives, our key training initiatives, and an introduction to our technology (G Suite etc.). You will also spend time during this first month going out on a series of shadows with managers and specialists to get the 30,000 ft. view of what our colleagues do each and every day!
* Month 2: 'Building Competence in Rentokil Methods.' - This phase of the RAMP program is intended to give RAMP trainees a deeper understanding of the concepts introduced in Month 1. This is accomplished through a blended learning approach. You will be provided with a comprehensive, structured classroom learning, online training, and foundational field experiences in areas such as safety (driving, ladder safety, PPE training), performance management, and coaching.
* Months 3-6: 'Delivering Service and Safety the Rentokil Way.' In this phase of the rotation, you will spend your time learning how our business operates from the perspective of one of our most important roles, the Pest Control Specialist. It is in this phase you will immerse yourself into the on-boarding experience of a Pest Control Specialist. This will entail completing our Rentokil University program and obtaining licenser as a Pest Control Specialist. Following the training, you will move into the field where you will own a route servicing our clients and seeing the business from the perspective of our Specialists. This phase will be core to your growth at Rentokil and will ensure you have a complete picture of how our business operates and the challenges our Colleagues face each and every day.
* Months 7-10: 'Identifying and Growing Opportunities' In this phase of the rotation, you will work closely with our sales team to understand the mechanics of how we sell our value proposition in both the B2B and B2C space. This will include a mixture of rotations through inside sales, national accounts and our field-based residential and commercial sales teams.
* Months 11-15: 'Leading the Future' In this phase of the rotation, this is where it all comes together. You will take all of your knowledge in Sales, Finance, IT, Human Resources, Operations (Fleet, Field Customer Service, Lines of Business, SHE, Technical Services, etc.), and work directly with the district in an Operational Leadership capacity. You will work directly with the District Manager in an effort to increase the productivity, quality of service and profitability of the respective Service Center. This may include activities such as optimizing material inventory levels, overseeing equipment maintenance needs for the district, training new hires, directing the activities of a service center's specialists, performing quality assurance audits and making client visits. You will also attend our marquee new manager training, Leadership University.
* Conclusion of Program: 'RAMP Graduation and Placement'
Lastly, here are some important considerations of the program:
* RAMP Trainees must pass competency assessments throughout the program to ensure readiness for future assignments.
* While RAMP trainees are responsible for successfully completing the prescribed training curriculum, completion of the program does not constitute a guarantee that a trainee will be offered a management position
* Participants must have the flexibility/openness to relocate within a defined geographic area.
* Extensive travel may be required.
What do you need?
* Bachelor's Degree required. All degree requirements must be completed prior to the start date of the program. Seeking seniors and recent graduates (preferably within approximately one year of graduation)
* Strong organizational and time management skills are required.
* Leadership skills, inclusive of supervisory responsibilities, team lead in a club/organization, and/or project management.
* The ability to communicate in an appropriate, clear, and concise manner with customers, clients, employees, and leadership.
* The ability to manage through change and ambiguity in a fast paced environment.
* Cost control, budget responsibilities experience desired.
* Ability to work flexible hours which may include nights, weekends or holidays according to business need.
* Ability/openness to relocation according to program/business need
* Valid driver's license preferred
* Experience with and knowledge of all Microsoft Office and GSuite applications
* Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by Rentokil for this position now or in the future
* Must pass pre-employment background screen and drug test.
* Must possess a valid driver's license and pass motor vehicle record search.
Why Choose Rentokil?
A career with Rentokil is exactly that - a professional trajectory filled with opportunity. We pride ourselves on being a world class team that rewards high performance. We offer competitive pay on a bi-weekly pay schedule and many of our roles offer incentives based on performance and providing exceptional customer experience.
Below you'll find information about some of what Rentokil North America has to offer. All Full-Time Colleagues qualify for the following and Part-Time Colleagues qualify for most benefits when they meet certain criteria.
* Professional and Personal Growth:
* Robust Paid Training & Professional Development Path
* Opportunity to grow - We love to promote from within!
* Fantastic Tuition Reimbursement benefits & Scholarship Programs (for FT Colleagues)
* Excellent Health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
* Access to Flexible Spending Accounts for Health-care or Dependent Care Expenses
* Outstanding Company-Paid Short Term Disability
* Access to Long-Term Disability Insurance
* Wellness Reimbursement Program
* Employee Assistance Program that offers services such as free counseling services, will preparation, discounts to health clubs, and other benefits
* Company-paid sick time
* Savings & Retirement:
* 401(k) retirement plan with highly-competitive company-matching contributions
* Holiday Savings Club option with company-matching funds
* Employee Discounts (includes many offerings, including cellular/mobile service, health clubs, and more)
* Work-Life Balance:
* Vacation Days & sick days
* Company-Paid Holidays & Floating Holidays
We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference where our customers live and work. Is that you?
Rentokil North America is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to equality in every aspect of employment. As we expand, we are focused on building a foundation of diverse talent and equality in all areas of our workforce. All qualified applicants receive equal consideration, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Link to Federal employment poster:
* English Version - Revised November 2009
* Spanish Version - Revised November 2009
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
* English (Formatted)
* English (Unformatted)