Inside Sales Person
Employment Type: Full-Time
Sells products for distributor to business and industrial establishments or individuals at sales office, store, showroom, or customer's place of business by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features
* Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced work environment.
* Quotes prices and prepares s ales contracts for orders obtained.
* Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
* Types formal quotations or enters into computer and faxes or e-mail to customer.
* Enter Sales Orders into computer.
* Proofreads all their Sales Orders
* Verifies customer confirming with sales orders
* Open new accounts by sending new account form and resale cards to customers for information needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and / or ability required.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public
* General knowledge of current business software such as Microsoft Windows Office Suite. Typing Skills 45-65 wpm
* Ability to work with mathematical concepts, such as, probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram or schedule form
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.