Employment Type: Full-Time
Essential Job Functions
* Engages with each participant, regardless of stage of change, to develop rapport and create a therapeutic collaborative relationship.
* Screens participants for enrollment and eligibility in program within 72 hours of referral.
* Completes behavioral health assessment by gathering information pertinent to the participant's recovery journey, provides information to each person about their service options, the program process and their rights and responsibilities as a program participant within 72 hours of screening.
* Collaborates with the participant to develop a recovery plan that addresses participant's needs including WRAP plan, identifies short- and long-term goals, and establishes a plan for wellness, obtaining the most effective recovery-oriented outcome for each individual. The completed Treatment plan will be completed within 14 days of enrollment.
* Ensures each participant has a WRAP plan/crisis plan- Facilitate the development of an Advance Directive for each participant.
* Provides short- and long-term recovery-oriented therapeutic counseling and education, on a group or individual basis.
* Provides family education and family counseling.
* Supports staff and participants by being on-call on a rotational basis after hours (5pm through 8am the following day) weekends, (Saturday 5pm through Monday 8am) and holidays.
* Completes clinical documentation and required paperwork within 24 hours of the service. Documents relevant and required information and services (including case management, phone calls to providers, participants, or others, education, outreaches, referrals, etc) provided in the identified service record (electronic or otherwise) assuring continuity of care as a tool for communication with other team members.
* Assists in and provides crisis management services, including coordinating with hospital and/or ED staff, consulting with crisis teams as needed, and respond to urgent/emergent participant needs.
* Responsible for implementing the transition/discharge care plan in partnership with each participant.
* Attends meetings and trainings deemed necessary by RSA or Clinical Supervisor as a collaborative team member.
* Completes clinical documentation and required paperwork within the following timeframes; Progress Notes within 24 hours of the service; Initial Assessments within 72 business hours; and Treatment Plan within 14 days of assessment. Progress note to include relevant and required information and services (including case management, phone calls to providers, participants, or others, education, outreaches, referrals, etc) provided in the identified service record (electronic or otherwise) assuring continuity of care as a tool for communication with other team members.
* Meets deadlines and completes assignments by due dates as designated by RSA or designee
* Acts as back-up and designee to the RSA / Clinical Supervisor as assigned.-