Presenter - Riverside, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time
Essential Job Functions :
1. Provides a welcoming recovery environment for all participants, co-workers and guest, using the Recovery Coaching process.
2. Supports, models and teaches recovery principals and recovery tools. Models personal responsibility, self-advocacy, and hopefulness via telling of their recovery story, how needs are respectfully met, and how a belief in their self is maintained.
3. Remains knowledgeable about current community resources and provides information to individuals and community partners as requested.
1. Documents relevant and required information and services provided in the identified service record (electronic or otherwise) assuring continuity of care as a tool for communication with other team members.
2. Maintains and observes all HIPAA regulations that apply.
3. Provide timely, quality and accurate documentation in accordance with program standards.
Safety/ Physical Environment
1. Participates as a team member to provide a safe recovery environment. Utilizes infection control and other safety standards. Contributes to the cleanliness of the work place.
2. Utilizes effective positive engagement and conflict resolution skills.
3. Fosters personal and environmental wellness by taking care of self and maintaining environmental wellness by reporting infection and on the job injuries.
4. Assesses emergency situations, notifies supervisor of actual or potential challenges, exercises judgment in stressful conditions and responds calmly and quickly. Displays teamwork during emergencies.
5. Influences and improves operations which are not under direct control.
6. Uses problem solving methods and critical thinking to continuously improve operations.
1. Actively embodies RI International's mission, vision and values.
2. Assesses situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interest of the program and RI International.
3. Contributes and participates in continuous Quality Improvement initiatives.
4. Models and practices recovery principles in all activities including hope, empowerment, responsibility, mutuality and self-determination.
1. Develops new and innovative ways to improve operations of the program and to create new opportunities.
2. Determines strategies to move the program forward, sets goals, creates and implements action plans, and evaluates the process and results.
1. Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
2. Serves as a representative of the organization, acts as a positive role model towards all interactions (internal/ external stakeholders and people we serve) without judgment.
3. Provides assistance in a concise, informative manner, keeping a positive, courteous tone and appropriate non-verbal communication and effective listening.
1. Contributes to effective teamwork by combining skills and energies in a coordinated effort with supervisors, co-workers, guests and outside agencies.
2. Communicates collaboratively with inter/intra-disciplinary team members and participates in team meetings.
3. Develops collaborative relationships with community partners.
4. Accepts feedback and contributes in an open and receptive way.
5. Works independently or as part of a team; ability to interact appropriately with others.
6. Speaks, listens and writes clearing, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
7. Works cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
8. Positively influences others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
1. Focuses on Service Participant Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of the internal and external customers to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
2. Understands ethical behavior and business practices and ensures that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
3. Provides a safe and nurturing environment with an emphasis on respect, diversity, acceptance and compassion.
4. An ability to interact effectively within the context of the cultural beliefs, behaviors, language and needs.
5. Develops and maintains accurate community resources for education, information, and referrals appropriate to guests needs.
Education, Licenses and Experience
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Successful completion of Peer Employment Training Course is preferred.
3. Successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen.
4. Successful completion of a pre-employment QuantiFERON TB Test (and annually thereafter)
5. Successful completion of a pre-employment Multi-State Background Check
Additional Requirements, Certifications and Qualifications
1. Therapeutic Options Training may be required
2. Must maintain up to date with Contact for Change presenter training
3. Attendance at Mandatory Monthly Presenter Trainings.
4. Must be available to present at a minimum of 4 presentations per FY quarter, as requested.
If driving is required:
1. Must be 21 years of age to drive for company business;
2. Must possess a valid California Driver's license
3. Must be able to fulfill all of the requirements in the Driver's Safety policy
Works in general office environment, behavioral health clinical areas and in the community. Must possess visual and audio skills to complete job duties. Schedule may include long hours, weekends and travel throughout geographic region.
Works in a standard office environment with some exposure to hazardous situations. Physical demands may include work close to the eyes and substantial motions of the wrist, hands and/or fingers. Occasional sitting, standing, walking, driving, handling, finger dexterity; eye-hand-foot coordination, use of corrected vision. May be required to lift up to twenty (20) pounds.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the primary function.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefit package: Bilingual Differentials, Shift Differentials, Medical, HSA, Dental, Vision, and Group Life Insurance, Employer Matching 401k Plan, Employee Perks Program, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Holidays and Generous PTO (paid time off) Program.
EEO/AA We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or any other legally protected status.
Drug Screen Requirement:
RI International is a non-profit organization, whose mission is to provide awareness, knowledge and skills to establish and advance healthy, drug-free choices in our workplace and community.
To support our Mission, we conduct pre-employment drug testing for all positions. Candidates must be able to successfully pass a drug test to be considered for employment.