Employment Type: Full-Time
By joining Bonduelle, you will commit to our mission: inspire transition toward a plant-based diet to contribute to people's well-being and planet health. With a long term vision, our family-run company feeds more than 100 countries thanks to our 14,600 associates around the world.
Well established in the United States, our business unit includes 4 production facilities with more than 3,200 associates. We process fresh vegetables, salads and meal solutions with our own brands: Ready Pac Foods®, Bistro®, Ready Snax®, Cool Cuts® and Bonduelle Fresh Picked™. Join us and make a positive and sustainable impact on yourself, on others and the planet!
This role supports production by safely operating and maintaining equipment to produce the highest quality. Diagnose and repair simple manufacturing equipment issues, partner and collaborate with a mechanic on break down analysis. Drive production to the highest safety, quality and efficiency standards by embracing the Company's Manufacturing Excellence philosophy. Perform TPM and center lining initiatives. This pivotal role impacts line efficiencies by increasing production, reducing rework and minimizing downtime. This key position will be a champion of line performance for the equipment such as sealing equipment, check weigher, metal detector, scales, denester, fork feeder, and tray topper.
What you will Do:
* Follow good manufacturing practices, personal protective equipment requirements, and safety guidelines.
* Set up and operate all equipment on assigned line.
* Communicate to and educate other associates for the purpose of maintaining good product quality as it enters the sealing equipment.
* Perform equipment adjustments, equipment center lining, and pre-flight start up inspection including cleaning condensation.
* Complete basic Preventative Maintenance (PM's) and Autonomous Maintenance (AM) tasks including cleaning, Inspection, lubrication (CIL's) and conducting proper troubleshooting as necessary.
* Verify that all TPM based processes are executed in conjunction with the line Mechanics.
* Maintain and record metrics such as production efficiency (95% +), yield standards, quality defects and overall line performance. Follow through on action plans to close gaps.
* Ability to communicate (verbally & in writing) to complete downtime reporting and hourly production rates.
* Able to operate the Vorne Efficiency Tracking System.
* Able to understand and explain to associates the definition of the Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
* Follow and maintain HACCP and Sanitation guidelines and processes.
* Perform basic root cause analysis and troubleshooting and basic mechanical adjustments like tensioning drive belts, conveyor belts, tracking belts, chains and sensors.
* Assist mechanics with replacing automated equipment mechanical components.
* Works safely around moving equipment and conveyors in a wet environment.
* Lock out/Tag out equipment as necessary.
* Comply with SQF Regulatory Programs.
* Knowledge and understanding of how to maintain a safe work environment and practice safe lifting techniques.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
What you will Need:
* Willingness and flexibility to work in a cold environment
* Working knowledge of cleaning and degreasing techniques
* Reading, Writing, Speaking English Preferred
* Safety Guidelines, Understand efficiencies and downtime
* Basic knowledge of computers and analytics
* Leadership skills
* 1-2 years experience operating machinery in a production environment
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment, to be crossed trained & multitask in multiple positions
* At least 1 year of experience with basic mechanical skills preferred
* GED/High School Diploma Preferred
Related Success Metrics:
* Performance efficiencies (fill rate, labor & yield), rework, OEE, production specification compliance
* FO, KPI, Quality Response, Consumer Complaints
* Excellence- ability to deliver consistent quality results through sense of urgency and taking initiative, while also demonstrating flexibility to meet business needs.
* People-minded- ability to foster mutual respect and positive relationships with co-workers, demonstrates listening skills and ensures physical safety of self and others.
* Integrity- honors commitments, acts honestly and with accountability.
* Fairness- ensures objectivity and sets a good example for others.
Physical Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to perform repetitive movements (i.e., sample collection - 2 grams per minute on each sample taken). The associate regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to extreme cold. The associate frequently works in high, precarious places. The associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Bonduelle Fresh Americas is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe in hiring individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to create a workforce that truly reflects our communities. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to veterans and individuals with disabilities or special needs during the application process and employment. If you need assistance, please contact us at (626) 856-8686 or firstname.lastname@example.org.