Senior Manager, Construction
Employment Type: Full-Time
Company- Wave Broadband
Wave Broadband is currently searching for a Sr. Construction Manager in our Central and Southern Coast Region office. This position is responsible for the permitting and construction of fiber optic cable projects throughout the greater Central and Southern Coast Areas of California (Santa Clara, Monterey, San Luis Obispo, and Santa Barbara Counties). Responsible for staffing, capital budgets, and schedules associated with these projects along with the safety and quality of work performed.
The primary position responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Manage a staff responsible for the permitting and construction of fiber optic cable projects.
* Evaluate, hire and maintain construction and permitting personnel; coordinate internal and external resources necessary to complete aerial and underground construction projects in order to meet customer timelines.
* Manage professional services and construction contractor agreements.
* Represent the interests of Wave in a professional manner with governmental, municipal, and related industry organizations.
* Maintain relationships with utility companies for all construction related work in the right of way.
* Manage relationships with engineers who are designing the plant; work closely with staff responsible for designing, drawing and sketching installation and location of equipment such as fiber enclosures, FTPs, switches, cables; complete material orders needed for planned construction.
* Monitor staff's performance; ensure adherence to terms and conditions of agreements and ensure all personnel and contractors are adhering to local and state construction requirements and codes.
* Insure staff is communicating and providing timely updates to Project Manager or designated supervisor regarding concerns about construction progress.
* Manage expenditure approvals, project costs and capital budgets.
* Work closely with staff in developing capital projects and purchase requests for the construction team.
* Perform other duties as assigned or required
Our ideal candidate will possess:
* College degree preferred or equivalent relevant experience
* 15 years Cable Television or Telecommunications technical experience
* 10-15 years of experience in working and/or supervising a cable TV/telecommunications construction department
* Successful completion of the NCTI Service Technician course and/or SCTE Certification
* Knowledge of National Electrical Codes and G.O.95 and 128
* Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record
* Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
* Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
* Ability to supervise and motivate others
* Ability to use personal computer and software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, etc.)
* Knowledge of cable television products and services
* Vision ability; close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus
Is this the career opportunity you've been searching for? Yes? Then let us know about you - apply now!
* High School Diploma or equivalent
Diverse Workforce / EEO:
RCN/Grande/Wave is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace, support, and thrive on each other's differences to maximize the experience of our teammates and our community. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.