Software Section Manager - Assured Mission Products Programs - Active SECRET clearance required
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job ID 176235BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/08/2021 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
This position is responsible for the functional management of a section of 10-15 software engineers, including job assignment, performance evaluation, career development, technical skill assessment and expansion. The candidate will be experienced in the software development lifecycle and tools, software metrics and evaluation, earned value management system (EVMS), software cost estimating and proposal writing skills.
Functional management duties include ensuring technical integrity of section member work products, evaluation of section members by providing oral and written performance reviews, managing staffing requirements, developing career plans for each member of the section, championing six sigma and DevOps principals and ensuring section members do the same, ensuring proper engineering processes are being followed including program tailoring activities.
Provides technical contribution related to embedded software development and real-time operating systems. Provides technical guidance to the team to ensure software deliverables meet business objectives, including cost and schedule. Participates and presents findings in program reviews.
Provides technical work and ensure solutions meet or exceed program technical performance requirements. Analyzes test results and provides innovative solutions.
Supports risk reduction studies and proposals for new business initiatives as well as other project management and reporting. Participates in earned value and variance analysis, incorporating BCR and updates of master phasing schedules, and gate and independent reviews.
* Minimum 10+ years related experience in full lifecycle software design and implementation, embedded software, and real-time operating systems.
* Must be well organized and responsive to requests from multiple sources
* Multi-tasking effectively
* Ability to provide career development and coaching to team members
* Must be an advocate for productivity improvement and risk mitigation efforts
* Experience evaluating the performance of section members and ensure completion of required and suggested training.
* Experience dealing with difficult and challenging situations/personnel issues
* Experience working independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
* Ability to perform other functional duties in support of the normal operations of the Software Engineering Center
* Proposal development, cost estimation, budget preparation
* Ability to obtain special access to customer programs
* Active and current DOD Secret or higher clearance required
* Leadership, negotiation, communication and customer interface skills
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Math or related STEM field
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment176235
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.