Employment Type: Full-Time
Job ID 180932BR Most Recent Date Posted 05/19/2021 City Goleta State CA Country United States
We are looking for a *Project Lead* to help with the continued success of our products, by leading and directing engineers who are developing the next generation systems. Every day at Raytheon Intelligence & Space, our extraordinary engineers are empowered for excellence and inspired to invent in an inclusive environment where work-life balance is an elegant solution, not a slogan.
As a Project Lead, the applicant is required to:
* Actively engage in the technical and engineering programmatic aspects of programs
* Provide engineering leadership to ensure that cost, schedule and technical performance comply with program needs and Raytheon Intelligence & Space processes. Engineering leadership tasks include but not are not limited to such activities as ensuring adequate resources (personnel and assets) are made available to programs, providing technical guidance, developing career paths, facilitating alignment with engineering command media, leading productivity improvement and risk mitigation.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Current SECRET Clearance.
* 10+ years of experience in software development or equivalent experience.
* BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
* Experience leading teams of Engineers and working with Program office and Customer teams.
* Provide technical leadership to a team of engineers and contribute to the technical work products throughout the entire software life cycle.
* Software Architecture, Design, Development and Integration experience.
* Be a champion and leader for productivity improvement, automation and risk mitigation efforts from start of program through production and fielding.
* Collaborate with other Engineering Discipline leads and Program Office to maintain and grow the business.
* Provide cost estimates for proposal activities.
* Occasional travel may be required.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Current SECRET Clearance.
* MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
* Familiarity with Agile lifecycle process including Scrum, Continuous Integration, and Test Driven Development Methodologies.
* Experience with Software Architecture.
* Experience supporting Customer/Supplier Integration/Test events.
* DevOps Experience.
Why work with RIS?
* We offer robust reward and recognition programs in compensation, career development, health care, educational assistance, maternal and paternal leave, flexible work schedules, child/adult backup care, 401(k), paid holidays and paid time off.
* You will work with professionals around the country who thrive in a culture that celebrates the contributions of its employees. You will be part of the Company nurturing meaningful and measurable progress advancing diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) across the company and beyond.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.