Integrated Product Team Lead, Antenna Test Systems
Employment Type: Full-Time
Raytheon Intelligence & Space has an immediate need for a Sr. Principal Systems Engineer/Antenna Test Systems IPTL in El Segundo, CA.
The Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) for Antenna test systems engineering and IV&V within Antenna Family of Products will provide Engineering Management leadership, Control Account Manager (CAM) leadership and mentorship for a team of Engineers responsible for the architecture, design, development, integration, deployment, and maintenance of F program Test Solutions delivered to the Forest MS production factory and Engineering Labs in support of Antenna testing. Minimum travel is required for supporting Forest MS factory. The IPTL must establish frequent communication with Forest MS engineers, production managers, and program chief engineers and administration. The IPTL will coordinate with program office, chief engineers, product design engineers, and SDC systems engineers to develop, implement, and implement the IV&V plans. The IV&V plans include requirement development in DOORS, planning for Integration, executing integration, and verifying/validating by analysis, demonstration, inspection, or test.
Also, the IPTL performs direct line management activities that include training coordination, performance management, and resource allocation. The candidate will ensure two-way communications for members; serve as a day-to-day liaison to the program concerning employee job assignments, performance, and recognition. Responsibilities also include coordinating program staffing needs and reductions, and optimizing resource utilization. In addition, the IPTL will team with the Section Manager in the execution of the Center and SAS Engineering goals, and will be expected to regularly participate in section level meetings.
In this role, the qualified candidate will be responsible for managing the Antenna Systems Capital Acquisition Request (AR's) and customer funded programs, responsible for all CAM activities such as Earned Value Management System (ETC, EAC estimates, Variance Analysis), and generation of Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) development. The IPTL will participate in program reviews, peer reviews, IRs, and gate reviews. They will be responsible for test strategy, roadmaps, process improvement, and working with strategic vendors. They will also be responsible for developing a cohesive test plan with relevant stakeholders and guides the development of a robust test program, thereby insuring delivered systems meet customer and business stakeholder needs. Develops, and incorporates appropriate and robust validation methods and techniques into the test strategy and architecture to minimize life cycle cost of the product and increase the test program efficiency. Works with systems development to derive verification requirements-which may include specifying testability functionality within the product, and flows down these requirements to test activities and systems. Responsible for driving the test plan and architecture into the test program, works across teams to ensure the integrity of the test program. Leads, develops, designs and conducts research that results in new requirements management methodologies or results in unique approaches that mitigate assessment / review findings. Performs test architecture concepts trade studies to select the most appropriate
* 10 + years related work experience with broad experience in Antenna systems engineering including entire life cycle experience in systems test and integration
* Radar systems requirements, design, development and test
* Test equipment and test execution
* Knowledge and experience with test methods and strategies including test verticality
* Design test strategy, roadmaps, process improvement
* Minimum 5 years of experience with successful team leadership
* Plan, budget, schedule and execute development activities
* Interface with systems, mechanical, and software engineers, as well as engineering technicians
* Coordinate with program managers, finance, and engineering customers
* Support bid/proposal efforts, engineering reviews, and program/customer reviews
* Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Antenna systems and product integration, test, verification and validation.
* Experience with DOORs
* Program and team leadership EVMS
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, mathematics or related STEM degree
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization