E & H - Life Cycle Assessment and Sustainability Managing Consultant - San Francisco/Boston/Denver
Employment Type: Full-Time
Life Cycle Assessment and Sustainability Managing Consultant
San Francisco, CA, Denver, CO, Boston, MA, USA
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No sponsorship is available for this position.
Ramboll is seeking a Life Cycle Assessment and Sustainability Managing Consultant to join the firm in Fall - Winter 2021/2022. This position is located in San Francisco, CA Denver, CO, or Boston, MA, with a potential option for remote work. If you are technical, self-motivated, and passionate about climate action and sustainability, please apply! If you can work independently, manage small teams, apply analytical skills, and are looking to get your hands dirty (mostly figuratively), then you may find Ramboll to be an ideal place to start your career.
Are you our new Sustainability Managing Consultant? Click the apply-button to send your application!
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to develop your excellence in an open, collaborative, and creative culture? As a company whose mission is to create sustainable societies where people and nature flourish, our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in Denmark in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies, and people around the world.
You will join our Environment & Health Division
As our new LCA and Sustainability Managing Consultant, you will be part of the Sustainability Group in Ramboll's Environment & Health Division. Our group consists of energetic, caring individuals who are passionate about helping Ramboll's clients tackle their most challenging problems related to climate change and sustainability. The Sustainability Group consults with clients across various industries on a range of topics, using technical analyses, including LCAs, to inform our client's sustainability approach in areas as varied as: carbon strategy; corporate sustainability initiatives; climate risk evaluation; climate action planning; environmental, social and governance (ESG) strategy. This individual effectively: manages consulting assignments (including budgets and schedules); works in multi-disciplinary teams; analyzes and communicates information; and works cooperatively to guide decision-making. The successful candidate also has a commitment to mentoring and developing junior staff.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
* Managing all aspects of delivering sustainability analyses, with an emphasis on environmental life cycle assessments and carbon footprints
* Ensuring projects deliver quality results to clients and adhere to scope, schedule, and budget
* Making cross-disciplinary connections with staff and other managers, and collaborate with staff to balance workloads
* Training and mentoring less experienced staff to enable them to take the lead on technical tasks
* Designing and developing technical analyses, including LCAs and carbon footprints to meet client needs- including those that undergo third-party reviews, including environmental product declarations (EPDs), carbon neutral certifications, and other 'green' product labels
* Critically reviewing and interpreting regulations related to sustainability (e.g., LCFS, 45Q) and voluntary standards, guidance, and reporting frameworks (e.g., ISO 14040 and 14060 series, Product Category Rules (PCRs), EU Taxonomy)
* Assisting clients in voluntary greenhouse gas (GHG) and sustainability reporting activities, in alignment with standards and frameworks including CDP (formerly Carbon Disclosure Project), Greenhouse Gas Protocol, Sustainability Accounting Standards Board, Global Reporting Index, and others
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
* B.S./M.S./Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or related discipline
* 5-7 years of sustainability experience
* Subject matter expertise in environmental LCA and carbon footprinting methods, software, and standards
* Experience delivering LCA-related projects to clients, including development of project scopes, coordination and delegation of work, and management of budget and schedule.
* Strong spreadsheet and database skills
* Strong written/verbal communication, problem-solving and organization skills
* Initiative, good judgement, and strong prioritization skills
* Ability to work independently to a deadline
* Ability to understand and interpret regulations
* Ability to manage client and organizational relationships
* Ability to manage and prioritize competing stakeholder interests
Preferred Skills include:
* Formal training in environmental LCA, such as graduate level training or professional certification
* Experience completing social Life Cycle Assessments, Life Cycle Costing, and/or Economic Input-Output Life Cycle Assessments
* Python coding skills or similar
* Subject matter expertise in corporate carbon accounting, including scoping and delivering GHG inventories
* Familiarity with voluntary climate change and sustainability methodologies and reporting frameworks
* Proficiency in SimaPro or similar LCA Software
Welcome to our Environment & Health Division
Ramboll develops innovative, scientifically sound solutions that help increase livability by reducing pollution and restoring natural environments. One of the world's leading environmental and health consultancies, our bright minds are trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues.
* Training in Life Cycle Assessment methodologies, software, etc. to advance your expertise to support clients evolving needs.
* The ability to work at the intersection of technology, business, and sustainability
* A global client base that spans all major industries
* An interesting and diverse role in an international context with an international company
* Employment with one of the world's leading environmental and health consultancies in a dynamic and rapidly growing field
* An opportunity to help our clients grow while enhancing environmental sustainability
Ramboll has nearly 2,000 experts working across 50+ offices in our Americas Business applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions within Environment & Health, Management Consulting, Water, Energy, and Advanced Manufacturing. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative, and empowering culture.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, targeted cover letter and relevant documents to showcase why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.