Area Leader of Recruiting - Oakland, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time
Restaurants will always be the center of our business. As we strive to achieve Raising Cane's Vision, we leverage multiple partnerships to expand our global footprint while maintaining a local presence & identity through great teamwork. In addition, to Vendors, Franchise and RSO Partners, Restaurant Support Business Unit Team Partners & Crewmembers are critical to our success.
At Raising Cane's, we support our Restaurants with both Business Unit & RSO support. Our commitment & dedication to Restaurant support is a competitive advantage. Business Unit Support Crewmembers are aligned to a specific Business Unit defined as either a Region, Market or Area. The Business Unit Teams are comprised of Support Crewmembers who are functional experts in various disciplines. The various Support Departments or Functions are led by best-in-class experts. The RSO Support Department / Functional leader is responsible for the hiring, training, personnel management, development & functional routines for the Business Unit Crewmembers.
The Business Unit Leader will lead & direct the Business Unit Team. With alignment from Department / Function leaders, the Business Unit Leaders will determine & direct the day to day priorities of Business Unit Crewmembers. The Business Unit Leader will set priorities & goals for the Business Unit Team that are aligned to Company objectives & plans so there is a singular message and clarity in priorities for the entire Business Unit Team. The Business Unit Crewmembers will leverage their functional expertise to develop strategies, tactics and plans that help the Business Unit achieve its' goals.
The Area Leader of Recruiting is a field-based role directly supporting Restaurant Recruiting efforts for a specific market and is a critical part of the Area Business Unit Support Team. This role is primarily responsible for leading the full cycle recruiting process for Restaurant Management positions as well as providing strategic support for Crewmember hiring for New Restaurant Openings and existing Restaurants. This role will partner directly with area leadership for the area's they support and other key stakeholders to assess Restaurant manpower needs, execute the near term and long term area manpower strategy, assist in rolling out new systems/programs within their areas, and ensure that our Restaurants are fully staffed. In addition, this position will serve as an ambassador for the brand in all markets, assist in deploying industry-leading recruiting programs, and maintain positive recruiting practices which align with the brand identity, and fully align with Raising Cane's mission, values and goals.
* Team oriented, collaborative & culturally aligned (Work Hard & Have Fun!)
* Restaurant Support focused
* Sales driven & Profit smart
* Exercises good judgment & decision making
* Internally motivated & trustworthy
* Problem solver, analytical, detailed & process oriented
* Self-starter, organized and able to manage multiple priorities (project management)
* Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
* Ability to establish goals and convert plans into action
* Data-driven and Results oriented
Primary Responsibility - Support Restaurants
Direct Recruitment Support
* Responsible for the full cycle recruiting process for both internal and external candidates to fill current and future openings by creating a talent pipeline to coincide with the organization's growth strategy
* Evaluates incoming applications and actively sources passive candidates to select management talent that aligns with the Raising Cane's management profile and culture
* Leads the New Restaurant Opening (NRO) Crewmember hiring strategy and process to ensure successful hiring and onboarding to meet staffing needs
* Develops market based or regional partnerships to support recruiting efforts in the region
* Leads the restaurant management recruiting process to ensure consistency across all markets
* Owns the manpower planning and talent selection process for the areas they directly support
* Builds Raising Cane's employment brand and increases our presence in our communities by establishing relationships with universities, networking organizations, community based organizations, workforce centers and vendors to provide a pipeline of qualified and talented candidates
Secondary Responsibility- Support Business Unit(s)
Partnering with Area Business Unit Leadership
* Responsible for developing annual Manpower Plans for the Area Business Unit Leader review on a quarterly basis to measure progress and amend as needed
* Cultivates strong working relationships with regional leadership and support teams ensuring that recruiting efforts are tightly aligned with regional goals and objectives
* Responsible for providing a regular cadence of regional recruitment reporting to all internal stakeholders
* Works closely with the regional NRO team to ensure the recruitment team is aligned with near term and long term regional growth plans
* Calibrates with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment with Raising Cane's vision and goals and create comprehensive plans and strategies for sourcing internal and external talent
* Role / position specific duties determined by Department Leader
The intellectual and physical demands described below are representative of what must be met by a Crewmember to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Microsoft Proficient: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Will work out of a home office
* Moderate travel required
* Bachelor's degree Strongly Preferred
* 3 - 5 years of recruitment experience
* Experience working for a multi-unit restaurant, retail or hospitality company preferred
* Experience working in restaurants preferred
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively and prioritize workload
* Strong work ethic and 'hands on' approach
* High level of attention to detail, analytical & decisive
* Exceptional people & interpersonal skills
* Excellent verbal & written communication skills
* Proven track record of aggressive goal setting, converting plans into action and performance measurement
* Acts as a role model, consistently represents & lives Cane's Values
* Adherence to Company 'How We Do Business' requirements
* Required to live within assigned Region, Area or Market (Home Base or Regional Office Base as assigned)
* Ability to Travel up to 50% as required
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.