Channel Marketing Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Channel Marketing Manager is responsible for leading internal and customer-facing marketing plans and innovation initiatives for the Agricultural products division. The ideal candidate will be creative, results and action-oriented and will be required to think and plan strategically in order to meet or exceed Rain Bird's growth expectations. The successful candidate will drive the development, execution, and measurement of marketing strategies, materials, and tactics designed to grow sales to Agricultural dealers and growers world-wide. This individual will also lead market research efforts related to new product development and crop-specific content and sales collateral creation.
* Lead the development and implementation of marketing strategies that educate and influence Agricultural customers to enable accelerated profitable sales and share growth.
* Develop and execute highly-influential programs, promotions, and campaigns targeting high-opportunity crop and customer segments world-wide.
* Design and manage market research to ensure successful new product development, compelling marketing materials, and targeted product positioning.
* Work closely with Agricultural SBU leadership to develop and implement new product launches and exciting re-launches for existing product in new markets.
* Create tools and procedures to capture and analyze competitive intelligence, segmented market share data, and growth opportunity by product, region and crop category.
* Broadly communicate and aggressively promote water-saving features of our Agricultural products to reinforce Rain Bird's commitment to The Intelligent Use of Water™ amid historic drought conditions.
* Manage Agricultural product road-mapping requirements and ensure timely execution of a long-term growth initiatives.
* Broaden Rain Bird's influence across customer channels including dealers, growers, corporate accounts and farm management organizations.
* Work internally across the organization to ensure Agricultural customer expectations are exceeded.
* Establish an effective social media and digital marketing presence across multiple platforms that achieve measureable high levels of engagement.
* Relentlessly pursue continuous improvement and operational excellence.
* Work closely with and become highly visible to Senior Management, actively lead and participate in strategic planning, and regularly update performance and results.
* Bachelor's degree with 5 or more years of experience leading a sales or marketing organization.
* Demonstrated success generating exceptional results from people who are not direct reports (both internally and with external vendors).
* Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
* Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
* Aptitude for quantitative analysis, strategic thinking, and tactical execution.
* Strong internal and external interpersonal, influencing and leadership skills.
* Willingness to travel up to 20% of work schedule.
* Previous Agriculture or irrigation industry experience.
* Fluency in English and Spanish.
* International business relations experience.
* MBA degree with an emphasis in marketing.
The ideal candidate will embrace aggressive goal setting, possess a get-it-done attitude, creatively manage difficult business situations, and be very hard working and resourceful.
Rain Bird Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer