Operator - 3rd Shift
Employment Type: Full-Time
Quidel Corporation is a is a leading manufacturer of diagnostic solutions at the point of care, delivering a continuum of rapid testing technologies that further improve the quality of health care throughout the globe. An innovator for over 40 years in the medical device industry, Quidel pioneered the first FDA-cleared point-of-care test for influenza in 1999 and was the first to market a rapid SARS-CoV-2 antigen test in the U.S. Under trusted brand names Sofia®, Solana®, Lyra®, Triage® and QuickVue®, Quidel's comprehensive product portfolio includes tests for a wide range of infectious diseases, cardiac and autoimmune biomarkers, as well as a host of products to detect COVID-19. With products made in America, Quidel's mission is to provide patients with immediate and frequent access to highly accurate, affordable testing for the good of our families, our communities and the world.
Quidel is hiring multiple Opertators to work a third shift schedule at our Manufacturing facility in the Mira Mesa area of San Diego. Under close supervision, this position is responsible for a variety of assembly and non-assembly functions in support of manufacturing goals.
This shift runs from 10:00 pm to 6:30 am.
* Operates equipment used to manufacture products
* Checks and inspects products against departmental procedures
* Responsible for recognizing product or equipment problems that arise during the manufacturing process
* May be required to assist with the set-up and clean-up of manufacturing equipment
* Maybe responsible for performing quality checks throughout the manufacturing process
* Responsible for Lean Initiatives
* Perform other duties & projects as assigned
* Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies.
* The work environment characteristics are representative of a manufacturing environment and may include handling of viral and bacterial hazards as well as infectious or potentially infectious bodily fluids, tissues and samples. Flexible work hours to meet project deadlines. Works on assignments that are routine in nature.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred
* 1 year of related experience required
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
* Intermediate knowledge of regulations (FDA, ISO, OSHA, etc.)
* Experience in medical device manufacturing required
* MS Office and manufacturing systems
* Demonstrates commitment to the development, implementation and effectiveness of Quidel Quality Management System per ISO, FDA and other regulatory agencies
* Understands and is aware of the quality consequences which may occur from the improper performance of their specific job. Has awareness of device defects that may occur in their area of responsibility, including product design, verification and validation, manufacturing and testing activities
Before you apply, please make sure you share Quidel' s values. We pride ourselves on keeping these values in mind every day as we execute on goals and plan for the future. We are seeking employees who share the same mindset and commitment to be customer driven, focused on execution, and new product oriented. We succeed by being determined, optimistic team players.
Quidel is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans). We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.