Asst, Lab I
Employment Type: Full-Time
Asst, Lab I - Histology - West Hills, CA req53075
Look for more than answers.Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Lab Technician you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Lab Technicians play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we’re creating the lab of the future – an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
1. High School Education or equivalent.
2. Good clerical, organizational and communication skills.
3. Basic knowledge of operating non-complex instrumentation.
1. College level science courses
2. 1 year of histopathology or other laboratory experience
The Histology Laboratory Assistant I position is an entry level position for an individual with little to no prior laboratory experience. The individual will perform very basic functions to aid in the preparation of histopathology samples. The individual will work under general supervision of trained, certified histotechnicians and/or histotechnologists.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Under general supervision and according to policies and procedures, perform routine activities involved in the preparation of histopathology slides.
2. Receive/collect, label and prepare tissue specimens for gross dissection.
3. Process paperwork associated with accessioning and reporting.
4. Monitor inventory, requisition supplies prior to depletion, stock and maintain laboratory supplies.
5. Operate, clean, and sterilize laboratory equipment, glassware, and instruments. Maintain a clean workstation in the grossing area.
6. Perform coverslipping of stained slides either manually or automated.
7. Responsible for all assigned clerical duties associated with the Histology laboratory.
8. Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information concerning patients, physicians, employees, clients, vendors, and the company.
9. Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality assurance standards are met.
10. Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
11. Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations.
12. Other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
·Perform job duties with frequent interruptions or distractions
·Adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate.
·Ability to interact professionally with colleagues and/or customers for different purposes in different contexts.
·Maintain composure under pressure
·Performs a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another
·Ability to comprehend and follow verbal or written instructions
·Using effective verbal communication
·Using effective written communication
·Concentrate on tasks
·Ability to making decisions