Software Developer for Automotive
Employment Type: Full-Time
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Software Engineering
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age - and this is where you come in.
Qualcomm's strong heritage in mobile innovations is driving a unique product roadmap that supports accelerated innovation and comprehensive system integration for automotive applications. We've leveraged our mobile and compute platforms to support automotive trends in telematics, infotainment, ADAS, and cloud management mobile solutions.
This position involves implementing the next generation of automotive products with Tier1s, OEMs and industry partners in various supporting technologies like 5G, CV2X, WLAN, telephony, networking, position determination, sensors etc. The engineer will work closely with cross-functional teams, across multiple locations to develop solutions and commercialize them. We are seeking an experienced Software Developer to help architect, design, develop and drive new innovative features across these technologies and commercialize them. The ideal candidate must be confident and experienced with Object Oriented Design and Software development, Software patterns, Public API definitions. Applicants must have significant experience developing software for embedded Linux systems, with strong S/w Engineering and quality principles.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
* 5+ years Software Engineering or related work experience.
* 2+ years experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
* 6 to 9 years of industry experience in the following:
* Designing, developing and debugging software in C++11
* Comfortable developing software for Embedded Linux based devices
* Good understanding of Object Oriented Programming, Data Structures, Linux OS concepts
* Experience with industry standard software development tools: code revision systems (git, gerrit), IDEs and build tools is required.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated ability to work with engineers, partners and customers across different geographical sites
* Familiarity with the Yocto, bitbake, CMake
* Automotive grade software development
* Technologies like 3G/4G/5G, WLAN, BT, audio a plus
* Self-sufficient and capable of operating effectively under tight deadlines without close supervision
* Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or Engineering
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm's toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.