RF Engineering Technician
Employment Type: Full-Time
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Engineering Services Group, Engineering Services Group > Engineering Technician
Manages, sets up, and maintains benches, testers, and other equipment. Responsible for installing, upgrading, configuring, and optimizing utilization of equipment and components. Performs measurements and executes test plans, as well as failure analysis and debugging of issues. Monitors manual and automated equipment performance, troubleshoots issues, and repairs as needed. Documents SOP of equipment and processes. Responsible for upkeeping and implementing housekeeping and safety standards in the workplace.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Independently sets up and maintains benches, testers, and other equipment. Installs, upgrades, and configures complex equipment and components.
* Performs complex measurements and produces necessary documentation.
* Monitors equipment performance analyzes failures or malfunctions and develops corrective action.
* Troubleshoots and performs moderately complex repair work, rework, removal, and modifications to equipment as necessary.
* Sets up test equipment using hand tools or automatic test methods to perform complex tests of circuits, components, instruments and mechanical assemblies.
* Guides others and documents test results, KPIs, and other outcomes, and maintains malfunction records.
* Executes manual and automated test plans and provides input on test cases and test procedures. Reproduces and debugs complex issues. Documents changes to processes or SOP.
* Manages data for small projects and conducts advanced analyses to identify, troubleshoot, diagnose, and recommend solutions to technical issues.
* Gathers, integrates, interprets, and reports data and information from various sources and stakeholders to understand moderately complex specifications and develop solutions.
* Collaborates with individuals inside and outside of own function to integrate projects and/or ensure changes work with other components of a specific project.
* Tracks the purchasing, shipping, receiving and usage of inventory for test labs, field engineering, and business unit projects.
The mmW/RF Product Development and Test Engineering group develops bench test solutions for design verification of highly integrated RF receivers/transmitters/transceivers ASICs designed by Qualcomm.
Job responsibilities for this position include supporting mmW/RF bench test system development and maintenance, assembling mmW/ RF bench test systems, configuring test equipment and PCB hardware for specific measurements, calibrating bench test systems, RF matching on test hardware using Smith charts, performing radiated and conducted measurements, working with Bench Test Engineers, IC Design Engineers, Systems Engineers, and Product Engineers to plan, coordinate and execute bench test activities.
Understanding of electrical engineering concepts including circuit analysis and debug skills. Ability to work from and understand electrical schematics to debug hardware issues. Good mechanical aptitude and ability to understand mechanical drawings. Working knowledge of mmW/RF and general communication measurements (ie. power, noise figure, ACPR, jitter, phase noise, etc). Able to work with common test equipment (oscilloscope, spectrum analyzers, network analyzer, power meters, phase noise analyzers, etc), anechoic chamber and antennas. Familiarity with RF PCB design concepts including transmission line impedance control, inductance, capacitance, crosstalk, and S-parameters. Familiarity with at least one PCB design tool. Good Soldering skills; IPC certified or equivalent preferred. Ability to communicate clearly, organize effectively and document work thoroughly.
mmW/RF Technician experiments matching hardware design PCB measurements Smith chart equipment setup
3 years of relevant experience as an mmW/RF technician and a Bachelor or Associates degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
* Frequently transports between floors, offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile.
* Frequently transports and installs equipment up to 25 lbs.
* Performs required tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting).
* Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day.
* Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
Engineering Concepts, Engineering Technology, Industrial Safety, Post Implementation Support, System Designs
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm's toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.#06022021