Public Relations and Communications Representative
Employment Type: Full-Time
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Sales, Business Development & Marketing Group, Sales, Business Development & Marketing Group > Public Relations
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age - and this is where you come in.
Qualcomm Technologies is looking for a tech-savvy, self-motivated public relations or communications professional to support and execute media, analyst, and influencer relations activities for its QCT semiconductor business working on 5G products and technologies. The individual will be responsible for:
* Working with senior team members and agency resources on the execution of communications plans supporting product launches, events, and always-on media/analyst/influencer relations programs.
* Developing and coordinating approvals of communications assets such as press releases, press notes, FAQs, pitches and reactive statements.
* Providing coverage reports for major initiatives or announcements.
* Working with team to conduct media outreach around product announcements, during events/tradeshows, press conferences, media tours, etc. (crafting pitch, scheduling, staffing, coverage reporting, etc.).
* Managing incoming media inquiries, recommend responses (e.g. email Q&A, phone briefing, statement) and content (e.g. suggested answers).
* Staff media and analyst engagements.
* Helping manage agency resource in support of communications initiatives including media relations, analyst relations, influencer relations, and speakerships.
* Collaborating with other PR, marketing, social and product management functions to help create internal alignment across marketing activities and planning.
* Managing business unit reporting process quarterly and annual ongoing budget and logistics support.
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Digital Media or Marketing or related field.
* 3-5 years' experience
* 3-5 years of experience within the technology space
* Experience working cross-functionally and driving objectives, strategies and tactics with key stakeholders
* Experience or capable of driving large scale initiatives with external customers or partners and communicating effectively while driving mindshare
* Strong writing and relationship building skillset
* Able to plan effectively with attention to detail
* Experience working in a fast-paced environment
* Experience in marketing or public relations within semiconductor, communications or technology space.
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm's toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.