Product Management Lead, New Product Introduction
Employment Type: Full-Time
Qualcomm Atheros, Inc.
Operations Group, Operations Group > Product Management
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age - and this is where you come in.
As a market leader in mobile wireless solutions, Qualcomm has been instrumental in enabling best-in-class Wi-Fi and BT solutions in the mobile phone, compute and access point segments. Next generation Wi-Fi and BT solutions will drive lower power, ultra-low latency and higher throughputs to enable best in class user experience for mobile phone, compute and XR. As staff product manager for Qualcomm Mobile Connectivity and Compute (MCC) BU, you will define and drive a comprehensive connectivity product strategy for mobile phone, compute and XR platforms, engage with key customers, develop ecosystems for the MCC products and provide oversight to the engineering execution.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Translates customer and market feedback, competitive dynamics, standards and technology and ecosystem trends into a product definition and product roadmap
* Communicates the product definition and roadmap to senior leaders
* Identifies gaps and trends in market
* Leads team collaboration in the creation of business cases and validates cases for development of a new, complex product to meet overall business direction
* Makes decisions that are significant in impact and highly complex, which typically result in significant expenditure of time, resources, and funds
* Markets new and complex products and technologies through technical marketing opportunities such as conferences, congresses, and direct customer contact and drives product launch efforts.
* Prepares and delivers highly complex technical presentations regarding a product to customers
* Drives wireless ecosystem developments with key MNOs, OEMs and wireless module makers across the globe
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
* 5+ years Product Management or related work experience
* 10 years of product management experience with expertise in wireless connectivity (Wi-Fi/BT)
* 5 years of architecture and engineering development experience is mandatory
* 2+ years working with operating budgets and/or project financials
* 2+ years negotiating 3rd party business agreements
* 3+ years working in a large matrixed organization
* Proven track record of delivering a strong ROI on large platform products
* Experience working with ecosystem partners in the wireless space including MNOs, module makers
* Proven track record in managing consumer electronic OEMs for wireless technology products
* Exceptional communication skills with an ability to quickly establish credibility and positive influence across a diverse array of technical teams in multiple geographies
* Experience in managing on the overall silicon manufacturing process
* Team Leadership: The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, initiative oriented, recognized as a successful leader who has demonstrated the ability to organize, and motivate a cohesive team across multiple disciplines. He/she will also be known as being accessible and approachable, respecting intellectual integrity and valuing individuality
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm's toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.