IT Staff/Senior Auditor
Employment Type: Full-Time
Finance & Accounting Group, Finance & Accounting Group > Internal Audit
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age - and this is where you come in.
Key responsibilities include:
* Lead the IT SOX 404 risk assessment and scoping exercise, execute the process and control walkthroughs, assess the design of controls, develop and enhance comprehensive test plans, and perform independent testing
* Perform deficiency root cause analyses and assist management with the development of remediation plans
* Offer effective supervision to, and review the work of other auditors, including the company's co-sourcing audit partners
* Collaborate with Qualcomm management to identify financial risks, assess business impacts, and present potential solutions (leading practices)
* As a key member of the SOX PMO, the successful candidate will be a primary interface between IT management and the external auditors to provide guidance, support, training, and project management
* Collaborate with the external auditors in the planning and execution of SOX 404 requirements and ensure all deadlines are met with high quality deliverables
* Participate and assists in ad-hoc projects when needed
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Management Information Systems, or related field.
* Three to seven years of recent relevant professional experience in IT SOX compliance for a fast-paced global company or a public accounting firm ('Big 4' or mid-tier).
* Prior SOX PMO experience preferred.
* Independent and adaptable team player with strong project management skills to comfortably lead and conduct multiple significant projects and tasks with quality, accuracy, and attention to detail.
* Strong critical thinking with sound judgment and decision-making skills.
* Self-motivated, positive, and professional attitude.
* Exceptional prioritization, organization, and time-management skills to consistently meet deadlines with quality deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong interpersonal skills (including oral and written communications) with the ability to lead all related interactions with various levels of the organization including middle and senior management.
* Excellent understanding of internal controls, frameworks (COSO, COBIT), fundamental audit methodology, SOX 302 and 404 requirements.
* Strong ability to understand IT and business process risks and related controls
* Experienced with leading practices for business processes, financial accounting, and reporting risks to ensure compliance with GAAP and external reporting requirements
* Delivers high-quality work products (form and substance) including the ability to prepare written documents (e.g., work papers, PowerPoint presentations, audit reports, etc.) that clearly lay out key messages
* Professional Certifications (e.g., CPA, CISA, CIA preferred)
* ERP experience with Oracle EBS a plus
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm's toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.