Employment Type: Full-Time
About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCG's Human Services practice helps state, county, and municipal human services agencies to achieve their performance goals in order to better serve populations in need. PCG's seasoned professionals offer proven solutions to help agencies design programs, services, and systems; increase program revenue; cut costs; and improve regulatory compliance with state and federal regulations. To learn more, visit http://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/humanservices/.
PCG's Human Services practice area has an opportunity for a Client Mentor for the Wrap Around Services Program, a pilot program targeting CalWORKs participants who have not been successfully engaged in program activities. Wrap Around Services combines intensive case management provided by social workers, client mentoring provided by seniors age 55 and above, and coordination of community supports and services. Evidence suggests that seniors can serve a valuable role in supporting young people as they navigate the complexities of family and job responsibilities. These mentors provide the participants a trusted advisor with a range of life experiences.
* Provide mentorship to Wrap Around Services program participants.
* Topics to be addressed with clients will include, but not be limited to, life skills, money management, housing, and work-appropriate practices.
* Provide ongoing encouragement and support to program participants and their families.
* Promote the overall well-being of program participants and their families.
* Accompany participants to meetings, appointments, and/or interviews if needed to ensure client participation.
* Collaborate with teams also including Social Workers, and Employment Training Advisors (ETAs) to promote successful development and completion of client action plans.
* Work with Social Workers to establish boundaries regarding issues that fall under the Client Mentor's purview.
* Direct experience coaching/mentoring adults and young adults
* Compassionate, motivational and people-oriented
* Good organizational and coaching skills
* Familiarity with the challenges faced by low income families in their community.
* Ability to provide constructive, positive advice and guidance on setting and meeting goals.
* Ability to establish boundaries with the mentee
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Basic computer skills ( Microsoft word, excel, Outlook, etc.)
* Valid driver's license and stable form of transportation
Required Education and Experience:
* A High School Diploma/GED; Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Previous experience with multicultural staff and clients is a plus
* Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.#06022021