Senior Business Analyst - Government IT Projects
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCG’s Technology Consulting practice offers a full spectrum of quality Information Technology (IT) services to help state and local government agencies at every stage of the IT life cycle. Through its specialized IT services, PCG’s Technology Consulting team finds cost-effective ways to help agency partners deliver successful IT systems that enhance the lives of the user base. To learn more, visit https://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/technology-consulting/ Responsibilities
• Serve as business analyst and subject matter expert on project engagements.
• Identify and recommend client business process improvements.
• Facilitate and manage software development life cycle activities, such as requirements sessions.
• Coordinate the user acceptance testing process.
• Communicate and/or translate business challenges to IT and assist in developing solutions.
• Serve as liaison between various stakeholder groups and other third-party vendors.
• Create artifacts and formal deliverables relative to project initiatives.
• Contribute to project work plans, and other formal project management deliverables relative to project initiatives.
• Prepare other written reports and materials for clients.
• Identifies, documents, resolves and/or escalates issues to the appropriate level.
• Commitment to exceptional client service.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Uses sound judgment in completing tasks and to seek guidance when needed.
• Dedication to accomplishing goals and challenges presented by clients and management.
• Ability to interact with various levels of management and with clients.
• Working knowledge of business analysis methodology and software development life cycle.
• Ability to follow, critically evaluate, and improve upon current processes.
• Excellent business writing skills and ability to make presentations to various audiences.
• Strong Microsoft Office applications skills including MS Project, MS Visio, and MS Excel.
• Available to travel
• 3+ years of relevant work experience with a public sector organization or management consulting firm.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
#D-PCG EEO Statement
Public Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.