Transportation/Public Works Practice Leader
Employment Type: Full-Time
Balancing the Natural and Built Environment This is not only our company motto, it's also our commitment to understanding the role we play in planning, designing and delivering the infrastructure of our communities. We understand that we are building tomorrow's infrastructure today and are committed to doing it right. Equally important is our commitment to social sustainability in our business practices towards our employees, business partners and clients.
We have a unique opportunity for a Transportation/Public Works Practice Leader to join our Southern California Engineering team. This position will be based out of our Los Angeles or Santa Ana office.
We offer a solid base of existing and repeat clients including, City of Los Angeles, LAWA, City of San Diego, and DGS. The successful practice leader will also leverage existing relationships through our construction management, survey and environmental practices.
In this key role you will be responsible for the strategic operation of our Transportation practice including business development, client relationships, strategic partnerships, project pursuits, and management of the technical design and planning team in support of highway, roadway, transit and bridges throughout southern California.
* Creating and executing business development strategies for Southern California market
* Collaborating with service groups to share and optimize opportunities across markets
* Assisting in the strategic planning process
* Providing expert guidance in the preparation of proposals, presentations and other marketing efforts
* Leading the technical design and development of transportation projects
* Monitoring project schedules, budgets and profitability
* Preparing staffing plans, project fee estimates and negotiate contracts
* Mentoring and developing internal staff and support recruitment of outside talent to support growth
* A minimum of 15 years of experience in engineering and design with a focus on public works, roadway, and highway design
* Registration as a California professional engineer (PE)
* A minimum of 10 years of increasingly responsible supervisory experience
* Knowledge in computer software utilized in the transportation/public works industry, Highway/Roadway Design, Stormwater Design, InRoads Software, AutoCAD/MicroStation
* Familiarity with local municipality, and Caltrans design and procedures, regulatory compliance and agency coordination
Compensation & Benefits
This position includes a competitive base salary and eligibility for annual performance bonus. Psomas also offers paths to ownership through our Associates and Principals programs. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan that includes:
* Employee Stock Ownership Plan
* Medical, Dental, & Vision coverage including spouse and dependents
* Generous PTO and Paid Holidays
* 401(k) Plan
* Company paid long and short-term disability
* Company paid life insurance
* Flexible Spending Account
* Commuter Benefit Program
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.