CNA - Long Term Care
Employment Type: Full-Time
Providence is calling a Certified Nursing Assistant (Full time 40 hours a week/Day Shift) at Providence Saint Elizabeth Care Center in North Hollywood, CA
APPLY TODAY! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with additional questions from our Modern Hire Virtual Interviewing System.
We are seeking a Certified Nursing Assistant (NAC/CNA) in Nursing Services who will provide basic nursing care to residents under the direct supervision of RN or LVN. Assist residents in providing for personal care, comfort, and assists in the maintenance of a safe and clean environment for an assigned group of residents. Demonstrate proficiency in delivering care to assigned age-specific resident population (geriatrics), and participates in related continuing education.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
* Implement and maintain established department, unit, and hospital policies, procedures, and objectives as well as improving organization performance program, safety, environmental, and infection control policies
* Maintain a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for residents and families in accordance with established standards
* Provide appropriate direct resident care in assigned area(s) including hygiene, positioning, lifting and turning, applying and utilizing special equipment, changing bed linen, straightening room, other general care, and transportation assistance. Checks for reddened areas of skin breakdown and reports to RN or LVN
* Obtain and document patient intake and output, vital signs including temperature, respirations, pulse and blood pressure, weight and height.
* Prepare residents for meals, serves and removes food trays, and assists with meals or feeds residents. Distribute drinking water and other nourishment to residents
* Answer residents' call lights, anticipates needs, and makes rounds
* Ensure residents are dressed properly, assists as necessary. Ensure clothing is properly stored in dressers or on hangers and that residents are clean and dry at all times
* Maintain confidentiality of all patient and unit care data
* Provide reality orientation in daily care
* Maintain resident records and charts to ensure an accurate record of the resident's care and treatment
* Participate in educational programs, in-services and meetings as required
* Attend meetings as required
Required qualifications for this position include:
* Satisfactory completion of Nursing Assistant coursework or training
* Current California Certified Nursing Assistant ( CNA ) certification
* CPR - Adult, Child, Infant (Provider), including Obstructed Airway Management, sponsored by the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross.
* Sufficient previous clinical experience
About the hospital you will serve:
As a skilled nursing facility, Providence Saint Elizabeth is staffed 24 hours a day by licensed professionals specially trained in geriatric medicine. Our nursing staff is highly proficient, and is trained and licensed to provide intravenous medications and therapies. We also provide for respiratory services as needed.
Each resident is treated as a special person, giving careful attention to his or her total well-being. In our eyes, this means trying to keep the physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs of an individual in balance and harmony. We offer an array of health care services for residents to enjoy themselves with family and friends. To complement our reputation for caring, our specially trained staff work in partnership with residents, families, doctors, referring hospitals, and health professionals to make sure residents needs are met.