Chief Executive, Providence Cedars-Sinai Tarzana Medical Center
Employment Type: Full-Time
The chief executive (CE) will be a well-respected, experienced healthcare executive who is committed to Providence Cedars-Sinai Tarzana Medical Center. The CE will ensure Providence Cedars-Sinai Tarzana Medical Center's continued growth, innovation and delivery of exceptional care. Working collaboratively with the community ministry board, medical staff and executive management team, the incumbent will articulate a strategic vision that differentiates Tarzana Medical Center in a competitive and changing marketplace. He/she will be accountable for continued organizational growth, operating results, quality and advocacy for patients, families, physicians and employees. He/she will promote a culture in line with Tarzana Medical Center's mission, vision and values. The CE will exhibit servant leadership and compassion for the workforce. He/she will work to strengthen physician engagement and to promote effective board, employee and community relations. The incumbent will provide leadership to ensure the delivery of high-quality, patient-centered, cost-effective healthcare consistent with the organizational mission, vision and goals, and in accordance with the healthcare needs of the communities served. In addition to this position's primary focus as the CE of Providence Cedars-Sinai Tarzana Medical Center, this individual will be a senior leader within the larger Providence St. Joseph Health system and an integral member of the Providence St. Joseph Southern California Leadership Council.
The following responsibilities are to be carried out and integrated with the strategic directions set by the leadership team for the service area and market.
* Embodies Servant Leadership, is driven by our Mission, and inspires all those around them.
* Responsibility to and regular interface with the fiduciary Board of Trustees for Providence Cedars-Sinai Tarzana Medical Center
* Serve as a member of the service area and market leadership team, working cooperatively with team members on the development and implementation of the healthcare delivery system in Southern California.
* Provide leadership to the organization to maximize clinical quality, service excellence, cost effectiveness and responsiveness.
* Maintain high employee morale and positive relationships with employees and management staff to enhance productivity and the quality of work life in the organization.
* Oversee the overall direction of clinical services. Delegate authority and accountability to direct reports for control of quality care, budget goals and the enhancement of patient care services.
* Maintain positive relationships with the medical staff to integrate physicians into decision making processes and to ensure that physicians' needs are met.
* Operate the organization to ensure its financial strength, reviewing results on an ongoing basis and taking corrective action to achieve the annual budget.
* Participate in the service area and market strategic and annual planning and budgeting processes and develop programs and services that improve the organization's market position and meet community needs.
* Select and develop leaders and department managers who will meet the organization's goals and objectives.
* Lead quality improvement activities, along with the service area chief medical officer, that promote employee/physician involvement in decision making on work organization and care delivery.
* Implement standards of service for care; oversee systems for monitoring quality, intervening as appropriate to take corrective action; ensure accreditation and regulatory guidelines are met.
* Serve as a member of the service area leadership team, providing advice to the chief executive and other team members, and working collaboratively to eliminate unnecessary organizational redundancy and duplication, to better meet the needs of the community for quality, affordable healthcare.
* Responsible for appropriate contracting of professional, medical and technical services for Providence Cedars-Sinai Tarzana Medical Center.
* Represent Providence St. Joseph Health and Providence Cedars-Sinai Tarzana Medical Center to the communities served in an appropriate manner.
EIGHT OR MORE YEARS IN SENIOR HEALTHCARE LEADERSHIP ROLES
Either as a chief executive or in another senior leadership role.
10 YEARS WORKING WITHIN A HEALTHCARE ORGANIZATION OF COMPARABLE SIZE AND COMPLEXITY
Experience within a multi-site, matrixed integrated system is preferred.
FAITH BASED HEALTHCARE EXPERIENCE
P&L OVERSIGHT OF $500M
Track record of strengthening financial performance using revenue growth and expense reduction strategies.
EXPERIENCE LEADING BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND STRATEGIC PLANNING INITIATIVES
Mergers, acquisitions and joint venture experience a plus.
EXPERIENCE WORKING COLLABORATIVELY WITH PHYSICIANS
Clinical background (MD, RN, etc.) is a plus.
EXPERIENCE WITH VALUE-BASED REIMBURSEMENT MODELS
Track record of leading quality, safety and patient experience initiatives.
EXPERIENCE WORKING IN A COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT
CA local market knowledge and experience preferred.
PHILANTHROPIC FUNDRAISING EXPERIENCE
Serving as the public face of Providence Cedars-Sinai Tarzana Medical Center, developing relationships with business and community leaders and enlisting their support in philanthropy.
MASTER'S DEGREE OR CLINICAL BACKGROUND REQUIRED
Master's degree in health or hospital administration, business administration or a clinical or related field is required.