Chaplain - Hospice -South Bay
Employment Type: Full-Time
Providence is calling a Chaplain - Hospice (Full time/Day shift) at Providence TrinityCare Hospice in Torrance CA. This position will require visiting adult patients in the South Bay.
We are seeking a Chaplain - Hospice who will be responsible for the provision of spiritual care services to patients/families/caregivers of TrinityCare Hospice, either directly or through coordination of care with other spiritual counselors. May provide care to premature infants, infants, pediatrics, adolescents, young, middle and older adults.
In this position you will:
* Complete a spiritual assessment of patients / families / caregivers within 5 days of patient / family admission to hospice care, unless deferred by patient / family
* Participate in the development of the Interdisciplinary Group (IDG) Plan of Care to meet identified spiritual needs
* Provide direct spiritual care to patients / families / caregivers
* Serve as liaison and support to community chaplains and spiritual counselors
* Attend patient care conference and IDG meets as a member of the IDG team
* Provide consultation, education, and support to the IDG on spiritual care
* Recruit community chaplains, spiritual counselors, and spiritual care volunteers adequate to meet patient / family / caregiver needs by developing community contacts and offering education through congregations about Hospice care
* Provide for funeral or memorial services for patients as requested
* Participate in planning periodic memorial services to meet the needs of personnel, volunteers, and community clergy / spiritual counselors working with the Hospice team
* Maintain productivity standard as set by organization guidelines
* Documentation / Information Management:
* Submit documentation for the patient medical record within the timeframe set by the organization guidelines
* Maintain records of spiritual care services utilization and related activities for Performance Improvement, program development, and policy and procedure review and revision
* Document direct services and ongoing communication with community chaplains and spiritual counselors
* Leadership / Supervision:
* Participate in orientation, education and development of team members as directed by supervisor
* Hospice personnel are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate supervisor. In addition, Hospice personnel are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job-related skills and abilities
* Performance Improvement:
* Actively participate in the Performance Improvement Program and participate in and adhere to the PH&S/TrinityCare Hospice Corporate Integrity Plan
* Follow Core Value for being financially prudent
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Divinity; graduate of seminary or school of theology Or equivalent theological degree
* Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) training 4 units of CPE
* Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is in good working order and insured in accordance with state and/or PH&S/TrinityCare Hospice requirements
* Experience working with death and dying, individuals / families / caregivers
* Ability to work as a member of the Interdisciplinary Group (IDG)
* Comfortable in an interfaith setting
* Ability to accept different lifestyles, cultures, beliefs, and values
* Ability to network with community clergy and congregations
* Knowledge of a commitment to Hospice philosophy of care
* Hospice care experience
* Demonstrates working knowledge of computer applications, i.e. Microsoft Office and e-mail.
About the ministry you will serve:
Providence TrinityCare Hospice, established in 1977, is the oldest and largest non-profit hospice in Southern California and the first to be licensed by the State of California. Caring for people in Los Angeles and Orange Counties with professional teams. Providence TrinityCare Hospice is Medicare Certified and Joint Commission accredited. We also provide the only specialized pediatric hospice service in Los Angeles County.
As the only pediatric hospice in Los Angeles County, Providence TrinityKids Care understands the impact a seriously ill child can have on the life of a family. A specialized division of TrinityCare, TrinityKids Care helps children with life-limiting illnesses leave the hospital in order to spend as much time as possible at home with their families.