Sr. Finance and Strategy Analyst
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Proterra Story
Communities are growing and evolving, and with that, our transportation needs are changing. Now more than ever, we need smart solutions that provide safer, more reliable and cleaner transit. Every day, Proterra works to meet those needs, with the world's best-performing zero-emission buses. Our revolutionary battery-electric buses help fleet operators abandon fossil fuels, improve environmental quality and reduce operating costs. Join the Proterra Revolution.
The focus of the role is financial planning and analysis activities such as forecasting, budgeting, revenue analysis, cost analysis, ad-hoc reports and using various systems to pull reporting. The role will require interaction with every organization at all levels and will expose the ideal candidate to a wide variety of business processes, suppliers, and systems of a heavy-duty electric vehicle. There will be plenty of opportunities to work on process improvements cross functionally. Some travel (post-COVID) will be required to visit our manufacturing plants. Our plants are located in Burlingame, CA, Los Angeles, CA and Greenville, SC. The role will report to the Manager of FP&A.
About the Role - You will:
* Maintain an accurate forecast for revenue and costs for the organization for each business unit and cost center
* Evaluate actual revenue and cost performance compared to plan and prepare presentations to executive team monthly
* Support manager in preparation of executive and board presentations
* Support manager in pricing analysis
* Run ad-hoc reports on costs as needed
* Work on project approvals and analyze cost versus return on all investments the company makes
* Work on large investment projects to analyze timing, cost and ROI
* Develop cost and pricing for customer options and configurations
* Responsibilities will evolve alongside the company's needs and increase with strong performance.
About Our Group:
* As strategic partners, the Finance and Accounting team strives to ensure that our values, culture and engagement always allow us do great things for our company.
* We strive to provide the highest level of service and support to our clients each and every day.
* We work collaboratively to build strong relationships with our clients, partners, and own team.
* We treat each other with respect……and always try to have a little fun every day!
* Self-starter with the ability to adapt interpersonal styles and techniques to influence at all levels of the organization and also with outside parties as needed.
* Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion.
* Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, establish trust and credibility, and act with complete integrity.
* Strong attention to detail, resourceful, diligent with the ability to think outside the box.
* Strong time management and organizational skills that works independently with general supervision.
* Team-player that is willing to contribute beyond the defined role to meet business needs as circumstances require while respecting other and working with a positive attitude.
* Sound judgment and problem-solving skills; Continuously identifying opportunities for process improvement.
* Excellent communication skills.
Your Experience Includes:
* Bachelor's degree in finance, business or engineering from a top-tier university, with strong academic record or equivalent relevant experience
* 2-4 years of experience in a financial analysis role; experience in manufacturing environment preferred
* Advanced financial modeling and project management skills
* Strong interpersonal and written / verbal communication skills
* Maintains the highest level of integrity, respect for others, and a positive attitude
* Committed to the timely delivery of detail-oriented work and continuous improvement
* Passion for sustainability and / or transportation
* Strong intellectual curiosity and desire to learn and make an impact
Proterra is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all Employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law or ordinance. Proterra does not permit or tolerate unlawful discrimination against applicants or Employees.